Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection failed

hello,

i'm move my HS3 system to a mac-mini with bootcamp.
    installed windows7 ultimate.

i'm make a copy of the HS3 Dir from the old system.
    installed HS3 on the mac mini and copy the Dir to the mac mini.

on my old system i'm used V1.0.0.103 with no problems.

upgrade the arduino plugin to V1.0.0.131
    make a new file for a arduino uno board and upload it to the arduino uno with IDE V1.6.8
    When i'm verify the ino files there are some errors, but it's upload to the uno!!

select auto connect, but board wil not connect.
    when i'm disable auto connect and enable it again then the board connect.
    board stays not connected, after a while i'm get a connection failed error.

reinstall the plugin, but the problem stays.

what do i'm wrong ?.
    or is it a bootcamp problem ?.

using:
    HS3 V3.0.0.297
    Arduino plugin V1.0.0.131
    Comport Driver V1.2.3.0

Mark.

Originally posted by strongetje View Post
    hello,

i'm move my HS3 system to a mac-mini with bootcamp.
    installed windows7 ultimate.

i'm make a copy of the HS3 Dir from the old system.
    installed HS3 on the mac mini and copy the Dir to the mac mini.

on my old system i'm used V1.0.0.103 with no problems.

upgrade the arduino plugin to V1.0.0.131
    make a new file for a arduino uno board and upload it to the arduino uno with IDE V1.6.8
    When i'm verify the ino files there are some errors, but it's upload to the uno!!

select auto connect, but board wil not connect.
    when i'm disable auto connect and enable it again then the board connect.
    board stays not connected, after a while i'm get a connection failed error.

reinstall the plugin, but the problem stays.

what do i'm wrong ?.
    or is it a bootcamp problem ?.

using:
    HS3 V3.0.0.297
    Arduino plugin V1.0.0.131
    Comport Driver V1.2.3.0

Mark.
    I guess this could be a com problem with bootcamp. Can you send me a debug log of when you try to connect and the board fails and I might be able to work it out.

Greig
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Greig,

here is the debug file.

i'm have another plugin who used a comport, this plugin have no problems.

i'm tested with a mega bord with the same results.

Greets,
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

There is no connection back from the board on port 3. Can you send me the Sketch you are using on the board.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Greig,

thank you for support.

here is the sketch.

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

OK The sketch is fine and the debug has nothing in it to help.

1.Is the Board on Com3 when you upload it in the Arduino IDE?
            2.If you open the Arduino IDE serial monitor with the Baud at 115200 what is displayed?
            3.If you get a connect in the serial monitor then try typing (1 C) without the brackets and it has to be a capital C and have a space.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

hello Greig,

1 the board is in the device manager on COM 3
              2 displayed "Connect 2"
              3 does Nothing

when i'm verify the sketch, there are some red lines.(see text file)
              i'm can upload te sketch to the arduino uno. it's say " done uploading".

today i'm try my mega board over ethernet, but this also not working.
              before on my old system both are working without problems.

Mark
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by strongetje View Post
                hello Greig,

1 the board is in the device manager on COM 3
                2 displayed "Connect 2"
                3 does Nothing

when i'm verify the sketch, there are some red lines.(see text file)
                i'm can upload te sketch to the arduino uno. it's say " done uploading".

today i'm try my mega board over ethernet, but this also not working.
                before on my old system both are working without problems.

Mark
                OK If you are getting "Connect 2" then this is the problem. Your Board is running a Board 2 Sketch so will not connect to the com for board 1.

Doubble check you are loading the Board 1 Sketch and if not it is not loading to the board properly and we will need to look in to the errors but I can not see any reson for this not to work.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Greig,

something wrong here.
                  i'm just load the "blink" sketch to check if arduino uno works.
                  the led on the board is working.

with the blink sketch loaded on the arduino i'm disable and enable the auto connect in the arduino plugin.

Homeseer says the board is connected !

Mark

Comment

Load the sketch you sent me as this is the correct on for Board 1 and should work fine.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Greig,

i'm loading the .ino file, but it's not working.
                      make a new info file, also not working.

when i'm select Com 4(this is used by the P1 plugin), and i select autoconnect then says connected

delete the arduino plugin, instal V1.0.0.36 after this install V1.0.0.131
                      make new ino file and again the same red lines when i'm verify.

loaded a lot of basic sketches and let verify without red lines.
                      download sketches from the internet and let verify without red lines.

i'm think tomorrow i,m going to install a trail from HS3 on a laptop, and install the arduino plugin.

Mark

Comment

Greig,

I just upgraded my Arduino plugin to V1.0.0.131 and it appears that my devices are no longer showing in the HS log even though I have "Do not log commands from this device:" unchecked on the device.

This was working before I upgraded. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                          Greig,

I just upgraded my Arduino plugin to V1.0.0.131 and it appears that my devices are no longer showing in the HS log even though I have "Do not log commands from this device:" unchecked on the device.

This was working before I upgraded. Any ideas?

Thanks
                          is debug set to normal and not off?

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Debug was set to normal, but not checked. I checked it, but made no difference.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                              Debug was set to normal, but not checked. I checked it, but made no difference.
                              The "Normal" you see is HS logging. The "Debug Logging" checkbox generates a separate text file that can be downloaded when you deselect that box. You can see that written in your screenshot.

With the plug-in logging Off, but device logging on I get these entries.

Jan-20 10:38:52 AM Device Control Device: Utility Generator Generator Heater to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Jan-20 10:38:44 AM Device Control Device: Utility Generator Generator Heater to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

If I set the plug-in logging to Normal, I get this:

Jan-20 10:40:08 AM Arduino Plugin Change of Device Generator Heater To Value 1
                              Jan-20 10:40:08 AM Device Control Device: Utility Generator Generator Heater to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Jan-20 10:40:04 AM Arduino Plugin Change of Device Generator Heater To Value 0
                              Jan-20 10:40:04 AM Device Control Device: Utility Generator Generator Heater to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X