X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santoal
    replied
    Update:

I connected with an ethernet shield and the problem of the 2nd line of text not displaying is now gone. So obviously the com port was causing bottleneck issues.

Leave a comment:

• santoal
    replied
    I spoke too soon :-\

It seems my setup isn't handing the second line "send" command. After some testing it appears it's taking sometime for the board to process line 1. When I add in a 1 second delay for Line 2 send, it works.

I could live with this, but when multiple events occur in quick progression, its going to be an issue.

Is this normal? Possible reasons I can think of:
    - I'm running 16 x 2 line display with a I2C expander (not a 4 x 20 display)
    - Running on a com port connection (isn't slow on other commands)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• santoal
    replied
    Thanks guys.

Problem solved. I wan't aware of the EasyTrigger plugin but have installed it and everything works a treat.

I also added the send commands as a group action which should cut down the config.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Like Greig wrote above, you cannot update the string and send all in one action. I have 2 LCDs and use a single event to update both. I use Easy Trigger to set the string (it can also be done with a standard HS Device Action), then use a HS device action to send the string. I do the string updates on the first LCD, then send, then repeat for the second LCD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1196958

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    The Problem is you have to set the device string then set the device value to send as the event cannot do this all in one. See Here

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• santoal
    replied
    Hi

Was there a resolution to this? I have the same issue running V1.0.0.147 where unless $$DSRref): is included in the string, plain text is not sent. My screen is 2 rows by 16 characters running a I2C interface... seems to work great when manually sending commands to the LCD device lines.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mkarlstad
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Can you send me a debug of each event running so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Can you send me a debug of each event running so I can see what is going on.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mkarlstad
    started a topic Displaying plain text on LCD

Displaying plain text on LCD

Hi

Have a strange problem. See sample events. Sample 1 displays perfectly, sample 2 nothing at all! And nothing displayed in the device management for LCD:Line.

Sending plain text manually frrom device management works fine.

Running 1.0.0.131
    Attached Files
Working...
X