Error downloading plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading plugin

I am trying to download the plugin from the plugin manage page and where it should be (under Analog & Digital Input/Output Device) there is an entry saying "Arduino Plugin Waiting for Server...".

I tried this a year or so ago but ran out of time but now need to get going with it. I will be using it on a Hometroller-SEL over network to control 8 or so outputs and 8 inputs using a Mega2560.

Is the plugin download working, and do you now support SEL?

Hope for good news soon!

Thanks...

After a reboot and refresh of the listing it now shows "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.". All the other plugins appear to be there fine.

Comment

Dropbox has changed its sharing on the public folder so I need to work out a new way to do this and then get HS to update the link. I will tel you when it is done.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Any timeframe on this? Any chance to provide the plugin zip-file (linux) directly here on the forum in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
          Any timeframe on this? Any chance to provide the plugin zip-file (linux) directly here on the forum in the meantime?
          I am working on this but need to find a new host and set this up so it is not a quick job.

See attached files.

Greig.
          Attached Files
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            I am working on this but need to find a new host and set this up so it is not a quick job.

See attached files.

Greig.
            Thanks!
            Can't you still use Dropbox, but instead of the Public-folder, create and share a regular folder?

If not, I have a host with 5-10 GB bandwidth per month that I'm not using. Happy to give you an account on it, if you think that amount of bandwidth would suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
              Thanks!
              Can't you still use Dropbox, but instead of the Public-folder, create and share a regular folder?

If not, I have a host with 5-10 GB bandwidth per month that I'm not using. Happy to give you an account on it, if you think that amount of bandwidth would suffice?
              yes I could still use it and share with the new links but keeping track of the links and updating them every release would be a nightmare so I wanted to try and find an easier way before doing this.
              I havē my own storage at home I could use but I need to find the best way to do this and time is not on my side.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                yes I could still use it and share with the new links but keeping track of the links and updating them every release would be a nightmare so I wanted to try and find an easier way before doing this.
                I havē my own storage at home I could use but I need to find the best way to do this and time is not on my side.

Greig.
                I haven't shared a lot on dropbox via link, but if you share the folder (not the zip-file), wouldn't the URL be like "https://Dropbox.com/some-random-chars-to-the-folder/Arduino_1_0_0.zip"? Meaning the shared URL-part won't change between releases.

My hosting is external in a data center, just let me know - giving you access is done in a few minutes.

Comment

Seems I need the updater_override.txt to install the plugin manually. Could you post that as well?

Comment

Greig - i thought while i am waiting for the plugin i would take a look at the arduino stuff from the zip file you posted. I get this compile error:

Homeseer.ino:34:24: error: 'void (* resetFunc)()' redeclared as different kind of symbol
                    Homeseer.ino:16:6: error: previous declaration of 'void resetFunc()'
                    Error compiling.

I am running 1.6.3 which i think is the best version to use?

Comment

updater_override.txt attached. (EDIT: Removed for new version)

If you use the plugin then it changes some of the settings in the sketch when you download it so I would try that first as I think this is your problem.

Greig.
                      Last edited by enigmatheatre; March 25, 2017, 08:41 AM.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I have sent an email to the HSTeam to update the url. I will update you when I get a reply.
                        Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Thanks Grieg. Fingers crossed they add it back in soon - seems now to have gone completely...

Comment

Arduino mega

Hi,

I also would like to had this plugin to my setup (...) I have two arduinos mega waiting...

My new low power box (hs3 pro running w10) only has usb ports, I thought to buy a usb to serial 4x converter based in the ftdi chip. Do you think this will work fine to connect the two arduinos, my ocelot and my ab8ss switch?

Thanks

Comment

Greig - any chance we could give them a nudge? Its a shame for your hard work to be inaccessible to new users...plus i am kinda stuck now without it!

Comment

Working...
                              X