Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push button, what delay can I expect ?

Hi,

I have succeeded in downloading the 1.00.139 plugin, licensing, connecting my Mega through ethernet, and declaring pins for I/O.
    I have now a test board with a simple push button and a led.

What delay should I expect for HS to notice the pushbutton ?
    I was hoping to count the presses as I used to with another I/O card, but it seems that I have to keep the button pressed for almost a second so that it can trigger an event or increment a counter for example.
    Is this due to the arduino design by itself, the plugin, or my poor skills in both?
    Last edited by Pierre; April 5, 2017, 12:32 AM.
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

What is your denounce time? I will try and test what you are doing but 1 sec is long. I will see if I can get time in the next day or two.

Greig

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      What is your denounce time? I will try and test what you are doing but 1 sec is long. I will see if I can get time in the next day or two.

Greig

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Greig

I dont have your code handy, at work. Do you use interrupts or scan inputs ? I think you scan them dont you ?
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        Greig

I dont have your code handy, at work. Do you use interrupts or scan inputs ? I think you scan them dont you ?
        Yes they are scanned so you can configure any pin.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I have now a complete setup running with inputs, relays and analogs .
          I have tested many values for debounce delay.
          Input delay is for sure greater than a second.
          A rapid test is to set a small event to increment a HS counter when a button is pushed.
          The delay is way to long to use double-press and long-press as we do for lights scenes at home for many years, even longer than it used to be with the JDS-Stargate that was in the first setup, 20 years ago.
          WAF is low...

The plugin is great, and easy to use.
          I just wish I could find more easily the pin number of a device, now that I changed its name.
          Last edited by Pierre; April 7, 2017, 12:58 AM.
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
          X