Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degree symbol on LCD

I have a couple of 1-wire temp sensors hooked up to various arduinos,

The suffix for the sensors is configured for and in HSTouch this is displayed correctly.

However when I send Kantoor : $$DSR:452: to the LCD display the difference in character set used causes it to show ?C instead of C

Anybody if the display character set has a degree symbol? Tried a variety of characters but no luck.

According to http://www.lcd-module.de/eng/pdf/doma/dip204-4e.pdf the ASCII value should be 128 but it translates into ?
    Last edited by fvhemert; May 2, 2017, 03:30 AM.

I have not yet found a way to show this on the LCD.

Greig,
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

and should display as on the LCD if the Arduino code is not changing the codes it is sending to the LCD...
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        and should display as on the LCD if the Arduino code is not changing the codes it is sending to the LCD...

Comment

Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

No problem easily overlooked in the overload of information .....

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
            Out of curiosity, have you tried all of the character values from 128 - 255? If they all display as ? then I would assume that the Arduino LCD driver code does not accept character codes over 127. Are there other LCD drivers that can be used?
            Your thoughts align with what I am suspecting but there might be something else too. It could be the LCD driver simply not processing the high ASCII values in the right way but it could also be the I2C interface driver or the Arduino plugin itself.

I have tried several other characters but they all generate question marks.

The whole setup depends on three important criteria:
            1. Does it support the LCD display
            2. Does it support the I2C interface
            3. Does the Arduino plugin support it

Would love to hear if someone has played with different drivers or did some reverse engineering

Comment

Working...
            X