Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logbuilder
    replied
    Have you ever coded before? If you by chance have some C background, you will have no problems.

The way I learned Arduino (I do have many years in C development at corporate level) was to get an Arduino, I chose the Uno, a breadboard, some jumpers, and a sensor kit. My kit has 36 different sensor types. Some sensor kits contain a ultrasonic sensor and/or water sensor. You need to download the Arduino IDE and try to connect a sensor to your board. Lots of examples and videos available. Just go to youtube and search for 'arduino 101' and you will get lots of getting started type videos. After you are comfortable with the Arduino, IDE, and a few sensors, then you might be ready for the plugin.

Arduino IDE
    https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Starter Kit
    https://www.amazon.com/SunFounder-Pr.../dp/B00CXMMDZI

Leave a comment:

• aldo
    replied
    This is actually fantastic news, I will give it a try, unfortunately I'm no even close to your knowledge, when you have a chance could you give more input on how you would accomplish it, no rush, I'm waiting for Arduino to come soon.

Thank you,
    Aldo

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    It is possible to do this now with the API sketch in the plugin. You would have to write some code but most of it you could copy and paste.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• logbuilder
    replied
    Your use case also seems like a good application for a water leak sensor. Of course it depends on the physical characteristics of the location.

As far as water leak sensors, you can buy them for relatively cheap but you can also make one for next to nothing.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    It is possible to do this now with the API sketch in the plugin. You would have to write some code but most of it you could copy and paste.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• aldo
    started a topic Arduino - HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module

Arduino - HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module

I have purchased the Arduino and this must be the coolest plugin so far to easily integrate with external devices. I'm looking forward to it and the Arduino. My first experiment would be to monitor the Sump Pump in the basement and check for water level. I noticed that they have these cool devices HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module that theoretically should display the water level. Would it be possible to integrate it in your plugin in the future?

Thanks,
    Aldo
Working...
X