I don't see the COM property on my pluging setup page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the COM property on my pluging setup page

Hello, I have a Hometroller Zee S2, I installed the plugin when I added a new board no COM settings are showing, I have it connected to one of the USB ports of the Hometroller. Is there anything special I have to do on the Hometroller?

You can not use USB on the Linux based systems it will only work with a Ethernet connection.
    Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thank you Greig!. I will setup the internet connection. Are you planning to allow USB over Linux any time soon?

Comment

Sorry but this is not something I plan on adding to the plugin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

So now I'm even more confused... I'm just starting to get into this and so I have an Arduino and a network shield on my network. However, don't you need to load a sketch with the appropriate network code to handle the network comm? I don't have it working yet on the network but was thinking this was the only way to get it to go.. Setting up the IP through the UI doesn't do anything here.
          I was also reading in the forum that the network connection is somewhat unreliable - perhaps it was during the earlier releases... can you comment on this? I need a reliable network connection and if this is problematic, perhaps networked USB controller may be the way to go??

Robert
          Last edited by langenet; May 23, 2017, 08:20 AM.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            So now I'm even more confused... I'm just starting to get into this and so I have an Arduino and a network shield on my network. However, don't you need to load a sketch with the appropriate network code to handle the network comm? I don't have it working yet on the network but was thinking this was the only way to get it to go.. Setting up the IP through the UI doesn't do anything here.
            I was also reading in the forum that the network connection is somewhat unreliable - perhaps it was during the earlier releases... can you comment on this? I need a reliable network connection and if this is problematic, perhaps networked USB controller may be the way to go??

Robert
            Ok you need to set up the network settings in the UI of the plugin then select the board number on the dropdown list next to download then click the download button. This will generate the sketch you need to connect it to Homeseer with the network shield. This Sketch can be uploaded to the Arduino with the Arduino IDE from any other computer with usb then you connect the board to the network and connect it to Homeseer.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Thanks Greig I thought that the sketch needed to get loaded.
              Unfortunately, after loading both API and non-API sketches following your instructions - no love.

I am running IDE 1.6.8 and noticed a bunch of deprecated warnings as well...

C:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HomeSeer\My-Arduino-1.6.8-windows\arduino-1.6.8\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino:19:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* Version = "1.0.0.127";

^

C:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HomeSeer\My-Arduino-1.6.8-windows\arduino-1.6.8\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino: In function 'void InputCheck()':

C:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HomeSeer\My-Arduino-1.6.8-windows\arduino-1.6.8\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino:133:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" I ");

^

C:\Users\Robert\Desktop\HomeSeer\My-Arduino-1.6.8-windows\arduino-1.6.8\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino:135:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

This is all warnings not errors and they are nothing to wory about. If you load the normal sketch can you ping the board on your network?

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

No I cannot ping the device. One thing I'm confused on is whether or not to select Ethernet shield v2. Though, I tried both, I don't know what constitutes a v2 network shield. Mine is a 5100 compatible shield.
                  Secondly, can you just pick any old MAC address? I thought this a hardware physical address as defined in the network interface. Hum... I better take a look to see if it's marked on the card.

Thanks

Robert

Comment

I can not connect to my Arduino Board

Hi Greig, I ping my board and is responding on the network but I can not connect from my hometroller. Any Idea?

Comment

It's connected already!!

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        This is all warnings not errors and they are nothing to wory about. If you load the normal sketch can you ping the board on your network?

Greig.
                        I tried again this evening but still can't get it to work using the normal sketch.
                        I've included the log. Perhaps there's something obvious....

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          I tried again this evening but still can't get it to work using the normal sketch.
                          I've included the log. Perhaps there's something obvious....

Robert
                          Can you enable debugging then try and connect to the board and leave it 5min to capture what is going on then send me the log again.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Will do... Interestingly enough, I can ping the IP address while the USB is connected. However, when I disconnect it stops. The plugin never connects however to the board and my router doesn't see the device on the network either. So something wonky and perhaps a side affect using the USB.

Thanks,

Robert

Comment

Attached is the log requested.

Thanks

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X