Network connection failing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network connection failing.

So I started out with Plugin V1.0.0.131 and after a power supply issue, managed to network connect to the UNO. I left it connected for a few days before getting back to it. It seemed solid with the exception of today, when I added a 4 input pins and an LCD in the config page. It wouldn't maintain connection despite repeated retries. I deleted all pins and still no connection. I was reading today that V1.0.0.142 beta was out so I updated the plugin, libraries and IDE. I haven't been able to connect yet. However, the device is on the network responding to pings.

I've attached 2 logs - one prior and one after an HS restart... no difference.

Robert

EDIT: When I load the sketch I get the following message from the IDE - new since 142.

Sketch uses 19738 bytes (61%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
    Global variables use 1549 bytes (75%) of dynamic memory, leaving 499 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
    Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by langenet; May 30th, 2017, 06:31 PM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

141 wouldn't connect for the life of me. So I went back to 131 and started over with the standard sketch. Like before, UI shows connected, then disconnected when I added the LCD to it. Funny thing is, I can send display messages to the LCD even though HS thinks it's disconnected.

Incidentally, what are the "Select a + " and "Select a -" pin for beside the LCD in use? I'm using the I2C back pack and seems to work fine. I can't find a reference to these two notations in the document.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

1. Did you update the sketch with the new version when you updated the plugin?
      2. What PSU are you using as adding the LCD will pull more power.
      3. See page 10 of the help file for "+" and "-".
      4.if you enable debugging then leave it on for 2min then try and connect the board and leave it for 5min I might get better logs with more info.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I updated the ide to 1.8.1, downloaded the new libraries and a new sketch.
        The PSU was 12 VDC @ 1A. I just swapped in 12VDC at 2.5A. I will monitor. Through my research, 1A should have been enough..

I'm on 131. Are you requesting the log for 131 or 142? I've added a number of minutes of logging with 131 now.

Thanks,

Robert
        Attached Files
        Last edited by langenet; June 1st, 2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X