How to upgrade to a unlisted beta version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upgrade to a unlisted beta version

I don't see the beta versions in the additional interfaces. I have .139 and would like to go to .142 but can't remember how I did it without the update offered in the beta section. I'm having problems since I transferred to windows 10 and restored from a backup. The version numbers are not right and I have a version mismatch so I think I can fix it by going up versions hopefully.
    Thanx

The 142 update is in the beta section of the updater and there is no reson not to use it. You might have recieved the updator_override.txt from when I was having trouble with my hosting but the updator is now ok.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I don't see the link in the beta. I have .139 installed but when I download the sketches it says it is for .127. I'm getting compatibility issues.
      In the header information for the arduino plug in management it has the same version mis-match giving me sketches for .127 when I have .139 installed. I was hoping that by installing the latest build it would wash all the weirdness away. When I visit the updater there is no listing for upgrading to the newest beta. No mention at all. I changed from win 7 to win 10 3 month ago and just did byway of back up thru HS3 utility and installing in win 10 what ever was the latest HS3 install file from downloads. See attached files for snippits of the updater.
      Changes to the updater is not clear to me, the reasons have escaped my understanding what is really happening here. But I seem to be getting up to date for other packages.

Disconnected from Board No:3 at ip address 192.168.0.53 Port No:8920
      Connected to Board No:3 at ip address 192.168.0.53 Port No:8920
      Error = Disconnected due to Version Mis-Match
      Updating pins on Board No: 3
      Disconnected from Board No:3 at ip address 192.168.0.53 Port No:8920
      Updating Values on Board No: 3
      Connecting Board No:3 at ip address 192.168.0.53 Port No:8920
      Warning = Board: 3 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
      Board 3 Version = 1.0.0.134
      Script version = 1.0.0.139
      Error = Versions are not compatible. Please update the Board Firmware version.

I saved some sketches from the win7 install backup hence .134 but I need new .139 and I can only download .127
      I wish I understood better how the plugin install.
      What can you suggest, get the newest install fix my problem
      Attached Files

Comment

This is strange. Did you click the update listings button at the top of the updater?

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Are you running Windows or Linux?

Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            This is strange. Did you click the update listings button at the top of the updater?

Its commented out in the current updater.txt
            Code:
            ''@http://homeseer.dyndns-remote.com:8765/Homeseer3/Arduino/Updater_Beta/updater_override.txt

Comment

I have just checked my system again and it has now disappeared from there to.
              I will contact the HSTeam to find out why.

Sorry about the confusion.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I'm running window 10 64 with the latest HS3.
                When I updated from Win7(64) to Win10(64) I restored HS3 from the utility back up after I installed all the plugins but noticed some small issues. that was about 3 months ago and now I'm addressing them.
                I'll use the .134 sketch (from an archive) for now despite I have .139 installed.
                I hope installing .142 will sort out the plugin delivering to me for sketch use to upload to my adruino the wrong version of .127 to take care of the mismatch error I have for now until the updater is sorted.

Thanx for a great plugin, It certainly allows one to learn and enjoy HS3 accomplishing things you would otherwise have to be a coder, which is my weakness. Your plugin allows me to apply my electrical knowledge without the coding which I could not hope to learn at my age.

Comment

I would guess HS3 office will resume on Monday and Greg's requested changes to occur during normal working hours.
                  I wonder why I'm getting the version mismatch?
                  It might be the way I restored from the BU.
                  Looking at the change history I see now where the dividing line between versions is and I should be ok for now.

Comment

All versions are available from the Beta Version Info page.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

That sorted everything out.Using override.txt to re-instruct my updater to point to your server to get the update and install it. I can just delete the overide.txt after I'm done to restore normal operation of the update utility. I'm getting the proper version now with all requests for the board numbers. I guess it was the way I restored when I switched operating systems.Everything is working as advertised. Thanx

Comment

Working...
                      X