NodeMCU ESP Easy Nightly Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NodeMCU ESP Easy Nightly Reboot

Just a tip I implemented with my ESP Easy ESP8266 units is a nightly reboot.
    This keeps things clean and running well.

I put this in the rules:
    PHP Code:
    On Clock#Time=All,01:10 do

delay 65000 // Needed else is will reboot many times at 01:10 AM

reboot // reboot only this module
    endon 
    It will reset the outputs which is fine in my lighting applications.

~Bill

I have one of these events setup for each of my boards.
    Code:
    IF 	Arduino Devices Garage Garage Arduino B:1 has been Disconnected for at least 5m, 0s 	

OR IF 	Arduino Devices Garage Garage Arduino B:1 has been Connection FAILED for at least 5m, 0s 	
    Then 	
    Set Device 	Arduino Devices Garage Garage Arduino B:1 to Connect

Then 	Wait 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds

Comment

Bill,
      Why the nightly reboot? Did you experience any issues?
      Think its a great idea to do this anyway to kept it clean as stated, but what would the rule look like if you wanted it done weekly or say weekly at 1am?

Thanks

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      Just a tip I implemented with my ESP Easy ESP8266 units is a nightly reboot.
      This keeps things clean and running well.

I put this in the rules:
      PHP Code:
      On Clock#Time=All,01:10 do

delay 65000 // Needed else is will reboot many times at 01:10 AM

reboot // reboot only this module
      endon 
      It will reset the outputs which is fine in my lighting applications.

Comment

Last night I lost power for few seconds, I have three nodemcu, same model, two with the standard code are not coming back while the one with API is up and running. Did anyone see this issue before and how you resolve it?

Comment

There might be something to that aldo. I was initially running the normal sketch and did notice from time to time nodes would not always recover. That was when I crafted that event I referenced above. With the API sketch, things seem solid but the event will take care of things should there be a hiccup.

FWIW, I did make a change to the base API sketch. I didn't want the nodes to broadcast their SSID so upon a suggestion from the forum, I made the following change (highlighted). It is in the main setup routine. Seems conceivable that it might be relevant.

Code:
          #if BoardType == 3
          Serial.begin(115200);
            WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);
            WiFi.config(ip, gateway, subnet);

[B]  WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);                //LOGBUILDER - keep SSID from being broadcast[/B]

while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
              delay(500);
            }

Comment

Logbuilder, thanks for the great feedback, thanks for being so dedicated to this board, you and others make a huge impact. I will try to convert all others to api and implement your changes.
            Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

@aldo

Were you able to get the DHT11 sensor working in the API sketch?

Comment

Studying for CISSP is taking me most of the entire time unfortunately, my goal is to add your Api sketch to all my boards. I hope to get my hands on them soon expecially now that the other two boards are not coming up. Thanks for inquiring on it. It is funny how looking for a job is a full time job

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                  Studying for CISSP is taking me most of the entire time unfortunately,
                  Good luck with that Aldo...I've got to start studying it myself...
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

back to the OP discussion and just in case someone else is searching for this.

To set a specific day reboot.

Code:
                     On Clock#Time=Sun,1:10 do  // for Sunday, but All, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat will do.   [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#FF8000]  [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]delay 65000 [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF8000]// Needed else is will reboot many times at 01:10 AM 
                      [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]reboot [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF8000]// reboot only this module 
                    [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000BB]endon  [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X