Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device code stops the arduino input to update values

Hi Greg,
    Not sure if this is a bug, I added a device code to the API input device and it stopped updating. The reason for the device code is that McSprinkler uses it for Soil moisture and I would like to feed this Input value to it.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    Hi Greg,
    Not sure if this is a bug, I added a device code to the API input device and it stopped updating. The reason for the device code is that McSprinkler uses it for Soil moisture and I would like to feed this Input value to it.

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Greig, any updates in regards of this issue?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Greig, any updates in regards of this issue?

Thanks,
      Aldo

Aldo,
      Looking in to this I dont think that I can do this as the plugin looks for the device address to find the device and if you add a device code Homeseer merges the code on to the start of the device address so the plugin can not find it and I have no way of knowing what the code is.

I would advise using a virtual device and updating it with the API device value then use this in McSprinkler with the device code.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that if the API board updates a device and the value being updated is the same as the current value in the device, it does not change the time stamp. I'm assuming the logic is in the plugin. At least that is the way it seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
          One thing I have noticed is that if the API board updates a device and the value being updated is the same as the current value in the device, it does not change the time stamp. I'm assuming the logic is in the plugin. At least that is the way it seems to me.
          In the device configuration there is a tickbox labeled "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" this is checked by default in Homeseer. Change this and see if it helps as I see no reason in the plugin for it not to update.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            Aldo,
            Looking in to this I dont think that I can do this as the plugin looks for the device address to find the device and if you add a device code Homeseer merges the code on to the start of the device address so the plugin can not find it and I have no way of knowing what the code is.

I would advise using a virtual device and updating it with the API device value then use this in McSprinkler with the device code.

Greig.
            Thanks Greig, no to worry, I will do what you suggested.

Thanks,
            Aldo

Comment

Working...
            X