Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    This kit looks interesting. Don't know if it would work with the Arduino plugin .

https://shop.switchdoc.com/products/...g-detector-kit

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    I guess I never really thought of lightning as a predecessor to a storm (though it makes sense). Around here storms come and go fast. Like they say, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    I would like to know when storms are coming. We seem to get a lot of storms where I am

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Bob, can I ask why you'd want to monitor lightning strikes? Is it just for curiousity?

I live in the lightning capital of the US (I think we're second in the world behind Rowanda). You have me wondering if I should be doing this [emoji16]

I've been looking into this too. I started thinking about it when I lived in central Florida. Mainly because I wanted to know how likely I was to lose power to the house.

Now I live on a canal in Southeast Texas, and a lightning strike near me means I may want to reconsider going out fishing.

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Bob, can I ask why you'd want to monitor lightning strikes? Is it just for curiousity?

I live in the lightning capital of the US (I think we're second in the world behind Rowanda). You have me wondering if I should be doing this [emoji16]

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    That is what I was looking for
    I appreciate it Greg

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    See this post for a few links:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...1&postcount=22

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    started a topic Lightning detector

Lightning detector

Anyone running a lightning detector with the Arduino?
Working...
X