Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Lightning detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning detector

Anyone running a lightning detector with the Arduino?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

See this post for a few links:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...1&postcount=22
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

That is what I was looking for
      I appreciate it Greg
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Bob, can I ask why you'd want to monitor lightning strikes? Is it just for curiousity?

I live in the lightning capital of the US (I think we're second in the world behind Rowanda). You have me wondering if I should be doing this [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
        Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Bob, can I ask why you'd want to monitor lightning strikes? Is it just for curiousity?

I live in the lightning capital of the US (I think we're second in the world behind Rowanda). You have me wondering if I should be doing this [emoji16]

I've been looking into this too. I started thinking about it when I lived in central Florida. Mainly because I wanted to know how likely I was to lose power to the house.

Now I live on a canal in Southeast Texas, and a lightning strike near me means I may want to reconsider going out fishing.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I would like to know when storms are coming. We seem to get a lot of storms where I am
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I guess I never really thought of lightning as a predecessor to a storm (though it makes sense). Around here storms come and go fast. Like they say, if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes [emoji16]

Thanks,
              Frank

Comment

This kit looks interesting. Don't know if it would work with the Arduino plugin .

https://shop.switchdoc.com/products/...g-detector-kit

Comment

Working...
                X