Graph One wire Temperature sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph One wire Temperature sensors

I use Jon00's Database Charting script and have used skWare's Device History plug-in. They both will do what you want.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comment

Device History is my goto charting plug-in

Comment

Jon00 unfortunately only works on Windoze and I have a Zee S2 (Raspberry Pi so it is running Linux). And all I want are simple graphs of mostly temperature that goes back as far as the log file has data. Anything out there that will do that?

Comment

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
            Jon00 unfortunately only works on Windoze and I have a Zee S2 (Raspberry Pi so it is running Linux). And all I want are simple graphs of mostly temperature that goes back as far as the log file has data. Anything out there that will do that?
            Steve's (SKWare) Device History says it is for Windows or Linux. I use both it and Jon00's and they are both good. SKWare's is (slightly) easier to configure and Jon's is more powerful.

Here is the page to generate a chart and all the data collected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	1239503

It makes decent temperature charts with adjustable sizes and styles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	1239500
            This software plug-in is designed to allow HomeSeer3 to track the historical values of the specified devices and display them in chart and table formats. It provides GUI, event, and...
            Last edited by randy; August 11, 2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Aluis, if you want You can tray emoncms.org
              Simply send the data on server and then graph all you want. You can manage data/graph by day, month, year... you can elaborate your data with math expression...
              Database is not on your server but you can download it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1239601

Name:	power.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1239602

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I use Jon00's Database Charting script and have used skWare's Device History plug-in. They both will do what you want.
                Which one is better in your opinion and why?

Comment

[QUOTE=khriss75;n1239600]Aluis, if you want You can tray emoncms.org
                  Simply send the data on server and then graph all you want. You can manage data/graph by day, month, year... you can elaborate your data with math expression...

Would you be so kind to provide more details of how to get the data out of HS3 and pass it to emoncms.com

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post

Which one is better in your opinion and why?
                    I like them both. Device History was easier to set up, though Jon added a configuration web page that really speeds things up. Jon's is much more configurable in terms of graph styles and database record insertion. Device History is better in the regard that any devices can be combined when charting, where Jon's only has 10 database fields for each table. Device History is my goto for building a chart on the fly for various devices. Jon's is better for generating predefined event driven charts.

Steve has been adding features and flexibility to Device History, so it gets better all the time.

As written above Jon's is Windows only.

If I had to chose one, it would be difficult.I initially started with Device History.

Comment

[QUOTE=risquare;n1241387]
                      Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                      Aluis, if you want You can tray emoncms.org

Would you be so kind to provide more details of how to get the data out of HS3 and pass it to emoncms.com
                      Is very simple to send data to emoncms. Here a sample of my script:

Code:
                      Sub Main(parm As Object)

Dim consumo_Wh_giorno As String = hs.DeviceValueByName("CONSUMI consumo_giorno_Wh")

Dim stringa

stringa = "input/post.json?json={Consumo Watt giorno:" & consumo_Wh_giorno & "}&apikey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

hs.geturl("http://emoncms.org/", stringa, False, 80)

End Sub
                      It is a simple hs.geturl. First data is the name that you want assign to your data collection (in my case Consumo Watt giorno (Watt usage by day)) and the second are the data from HS device. I have a script that run every minute and send the Power, temperatures wind sped...
                      After a registration on emoncms.org, you have a personal API KEY.
                      You can see the documentation on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper

I have used Jon's Database Charting application ever since he created it. It is a great application that provides a wealth of functionality and is very configurable. The only downsides I see are the limit of 10 database fields per database, not being able to graph items across different databases and it could be one of those packages that is just too configurable (LOL). These rarely cause me any issues any issues, actually the configuration part, I think it is great that it has so many options and on some of my databases I just graph a value multiple times in several databases... for instance I graph a lot of room temperatures, and compare them to the outside temp, so I store the outside temp in multiple databases.

Included below are a few of the graphs that are produced daily on my system.

This is a graph of our HVAC runtime and cycle information.

This is a graph of Power usage information at our main panel from a ZW095 - Aeotec Home Energy Meter.

This is a graph of the outside humidity and temperature compared against temp sensors in our attic and crawlspace.

This is a graph of the outside temperature compared against temp sensors in our bonus room temp and HVAC ceiling register.

In an attempt to get a handle on the number and types of events that were executing during the day, I setup 8 categories to record some data. In order to achieve the results below a group action was setup for each event group name. I have my events group into roughly 40 group names. Of those 40 group names, I categorized the the events into 8 graphing categories.

I hope this helps...
                        Your image URLs look good, but the images are not displaying.

Comment

Thanks Randy, I converted graphics to images and uploaded them via the bulletin board utility, maybe this will work better. Before I used cut-n-paste... looked good from my view. Strange... Let me know if this does not work...

I have used Jon's Database Charting application ever since he created it. It is a great application that provides a wealth of functionality and is very configurable. The only downsides I see are the limit of 10 database fields per database, not being able to graph items across different databases and it could be one of those packages that is just too configurable (LOL). These rarely cause me any issues any issues, actually the configuration part, I think it is great that it has so many options and on some of my databases I just graph a value multiple times in several databases... for instance I graph a lot of room temperatures, and compare them to the outside temp, so I store the outside temp in multiple databases.

Included below are a few of the graphs that are produced daily on my system.

This is a graph of our HVAC runtime and cycle information.

Name:	chart1-hvac.png
Views:	331
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1241747

This is a graph of Power usage information at our main panel from a ZW095 - Aeotec Home Energy Meter.

Name:	chart2-power.png
Views:	324
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	1241748

This is a graph of the outside humidity and temperature compared against temp sensors in our attic and crawlspace.

Name:	chart3-attic.png
Views:	456
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1241744

This is a graph of the outside temperature compared against temp sensors in our bonus room temp and HVAC ceiling register.

Name:	chart4-bonus.png
Views:	323
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1241745

In an attempt to get a handle on the number and types of events that were executing during the day, I setup 8 categories to record some data. In order to achieve the results below a group action was setup for each event group name. I have my events group into roughly 40 group names. Of those 40 group names, I categorized the the events into 8 graphing categories.

Name:	chart5-events.png
Views:	310
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1241746

I hope this helps...
                          Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                            Thanks Randy, I converted graphics to images and uploaded them via the bulletin board utility, maybe this will work better. Before I used cut-n-paste... looked good from my view. Strange... Let me know if this does not work...

This displays fine. Your original post had what looked like almost valid URLS such as this
                            Code:
                            http://starbase01:8080/images/jon00/dbchart/chart005.png
                            I'm guessing starbase01 is a domain, but it is not complete. Maybe the name of a local NAS?

Comment

Yes, it was a local NAS... weird the BB allowed me to just copy and paste the images and I thought all was well. Had no idea that it was actually going to try and pull from my local system. Thanks for letting me know.
                              Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X