Big Red Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Red Button

I have a big red button like this that I'm wanting to connect with HomeSeer to trigger an event.

Is there a way with an Arduino that I can trigger an event when the circuit is closed (button pressed)?

Yes, this is the kind of think the Arduino is used for. It takes contact closure in and out of Homeseer devices and you can act on this in events.

If you need any more help or info then get in touch.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by parbas View Post
      I have a big red button like this that I'm wanting to connect with HomeSeer to trigger an event.

Is there a way with an Arduino that I can trigger an event when the circuit is closed (button pressed)?
      Sure.
      1. Connect the switch between an Arduino pin and ground
      2. Assign that pin as an input in the Arduino configuration
      3. Create an Event with the trigger "Arduino pin changes and becomes Closed"
      4. Execute the desired actions in the Event
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X