arduino plugin and sonoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cris

You get full state information from the mcsmqtt plugin to homeseer. Example is I have a sonoff basic on my Verandah with one output, 1 button input, am2301 temp and humidity sensor.

The 1 button input toggles the output relay state. Its not a press button, its a rocker switch. When I change state of the switch, it will toggle the relay output (this is local to the tasmota firmware). It also sends a mqtt message to the broker which the homeseer plugin receives. Meaning any status change on the sonoff device gets sent to the broker and you simply subscribe to that channel.

Effectively you can switch the device both locally and via homeseer and have full state tracking....If the device looses the network and reconnects, it will send an update to Homeseer and update the state.

Best thing is to load tasmota onto a sonoff and then go to the sonoff console on the device and watch the traffic. You can customise a lot as to how often you send out updates etc (tele)

I have 3 basic sonoff units and 2xPOW using tasmota and mqtt.

I have just upgraded the arduino plugin and my Mega boards to latest BETA, I was thinking of using tasmota on led strips under hand rails in my stairwell but I am preferring to go with the Mega/Arduino plugin setup. Arduino plugin lets you create an RGB device, exactly what I wanted. Tasmota does it too but I jsut like the way Greig has implemented

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Cris

AS a followup, again this is before I upgraded the arduino plugin....I flashed a WEMOS device with Tasmota firmware and configured it as "Magic Home". That gives me all the PWM control over the RGB strip.

Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Pete, can you expand on the RGB device? Did Greg make a custom plugin device rather than using the RGB color picker provided by HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Pete, can you expand on the RGB device? Did Greg make a custom plugin device rather than using the RGB color picker provided by HS3?
          HI Michael

No as you say he has the colour picker, once you create 3 PWM devices on the Arduino you get the "do you want to create an RGB" device. I do like what Greig has done in the plugin as its easier to select the required colour than to reference it with a 6 digit hex number.

On the other hand I'm loving the tasmota firmware and your plugin. I see posts about you customising tasmota, in a nutshell what did you change ? I've got a bunch of Basic and POW units happily chatting away.

I have a spare Arduino Mega on my network to use for the Lighting PWM in my staircase and kitchen underbench lighting....I could go tasmota but I'm thinking the Arduino plugin way would be nicer.

Cheers
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I did application-specific changes to Tasmota.
            1. Garage door control. Uses two inputs door open discrete and door closed discrete and assumes the power command will switch relay to push the door button. Added a web interface to specify how long it takes for door to open or close and changes status to have open, closed and indeterminate states.

2. Water counter such as interfacing a tipping bucket or flow meter. Added periodic reporting for changed vs. unchanged time intervals. Added web interface to reset counter ad midnight if desired to get daily totals.

3. Irrigation controller to turn on relays at a specified interval for a specified time as well as being slaved to a logic that exists in a smarter controller such as HS/mcsSprinklers.

These are all described in the Appendix of mcsMQTT documentation.

The intent was not to change Tasmota but to add application rather than hardware-specific enhancements. I did it with 5.9.1 Tasmota and redid the irrigation for 6a Tasmota. I have another line where I am trying port Tasmota to ESP32 for LoRa. I have the basics done but now need to take advantage of the two CPUs that are in ESP32.

Comment

What has Greg done to select the desired color. Seems like clicking on a point in a color space visual is pretty easy and the tweaking the R, G or B numerically for fine tuning.

Comment

Sorry Michael

is this a question or a statement ?
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

question.

Comment

Screen capture of a simple RGB device in the Arduino plugin
                    Attached Files
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...