X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petez69
    replied
    Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
    I need to ask to my friend if the sensor is a "P" version.
    Using a onewire sample sketch on the same arduino mega board and the same pin, I can read the temperature. Same connection and same pin with arduino plugin no data.

Could be that the parasitic version connected as Greig's documentation works with normal sketch but not with plugin?
    Cris the parasitic version wont work.....so if this works on one host and not another then its not the sensor.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    Cris

You wouldn't be using an DS18b20P ? The P is parasitic and wont work. Do you have access to a raspberryPI to test the sensor ? I can help you test the device under a raspberrypi, its easy and you will quickly get an idea if its not a sensor issue.
    I need to ask to my friend if the sensor is a "P" version.
    Using a onewire sample sketch on the same arduino mega board and the same pin, I can read the temperature. Same connection and same pin with arduino plugin no data.

Could be that the parasitic version connected as Greig's documentation works with normal sketch but not with plugin?

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Cris

You wouldn't be using an DS18b20P ? The P is parasitic and wont work. Do you have access to a raspberryPI to test the sensor ? I can help you test the device under a raspberrypi, its easy and you will quickly get an idea if its not a sensor issue.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    I set the logging to normal, turned on Debug and checked show logging

Then turned off the stop creating one wire... and turned it back on, the below was generated in the log

Board No:1 OneWire set to Create New One Wire Devices.
    Board No:1 OneWire set to Stop Creating New One Wire Devices.

Then I refreshed the Arduino Board one screen and turned off the stop creating onewire. The page was refreshed and the button was checked but nothing was displayed in the log, so I am not sure it was really checked

Arduino Log Messages will display here:
    Board No:1 OneWire set to Create New One Wire Devices.

This may have been reported before... not sure but there appears to be some disconnect with this check box.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Not a problem. I wish that was it.

I am using version 1.0.0.147 as well. I have the "Stop Creating New One Wire Devices." checked... actually I am using both the normal sketch and API for temperature sensors. I just unchecked this button on one of my boards and and it did not remain unchecked. I can reproduce the behaviour that you are reporting.

The manual states: The "Stop creating new one wire devices" can be checked to stop extra or phantom devices being created in Homeseer.

I suspect that this is may be a bug

Have you reported this to Greig?

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    replied
    Originally posted by bdraper View Post
    I really doubt that this is it... however it is worth a try. When you had the DS18B20 configured with the plugin, did you try to raise or lower the temperature of the sensor by putting your finger on it. I have seen new temp sensors not show up in the plugin unless the temperature changes slightly on the device.
    Thanks for replay,
    I tried that already, this evening I'll try with a ice...
    Is so strange because on my system only a few seconds to have a new device.
    I see that if I move from arduino plugin config page to home and return to arduino plugin config page, "Stop Creating New One Wire Devices" is checked... I remove the check but after some time it reappears.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
    I'm configuring a HS3 with arduino plugin to my friend.
    A Mega board, connected in IP mode plugin version 1.0.0.147 (the last one beta).
    IN and OUT work well, but no response from a temperature sensor (DS18B20) connected to pin 5 (but had tests on pin 30, 15, 40)
    4.7K resistor connected, no long wire, cycled the arduino power, changed sensor temperature...
    I can't see any errors, simple HS3 don't detect the sensor.

Uploaded a onewire sample sketch for temperature sensor and on serial monitor in can se all data and the sensor is ok.

What could I try more?

On my system I have connected sensor and resistor and after few seconds I had a new device on HS.

Thanks
    I really doubt that this is it... however it is worth a try. When you had the DS18B20 configured with the plugin, did you try to raise or lower the temperature of the sensor by putting your finger on it. I have seen new temp sensors not show up in the plugin unless the temperature changes slightly on the device.

Leave a comment:

• khriss75
    started a topic onewire fail

onewire fail

I'm configuring a HS3 with arduino plugin to my friend.
    A Mega board, connected in IP mode plugin version 1.0.0.147 (the last one beta).
    IN and OUT work well, but no response from a temperature sensor (DS18B20) connected to pin 5 (but had tests on pin 30, 15, 40)
    4.7K resistor connected, no long wire, cycled the arduino power, changed sensor temperature...
    I can't see any errors, simple HS3 don't detect the sensor.

Uploaded a onewire sample sketch for temperature sensor and on serial monitor in can se all data and the sensor is ok.

What could I try more?

On my system I have connected sensor and resistor and after few seconds I had a new device on HS.

Thanks
Working...
X