arduino/nodemcu with limit swich or reed switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arduino/nodemcu with limit swich or reed switch

my rv has 12 basement doors and then the automatic steps, so I want to wire 13 in total. I want to put switches on each door so I know what state they are in (open or closed) (in or out) and I am looking for ideas on what hardware I should use to "get'er done" so to speak. I have enough no/nc limit switches, but reed switches would also work. then there is should I use a uno, mega or would a nodemcu be workable. How many switches can I hook to each adruino and still be reliable. this will be my first large scale project so I want to get started in the right direction. I have a couple of nodemcu temps designed for my fridge and freezers, but this is a little different (or maybe only in my head) So if I could get some suggestions from the veterans of adruino I would be forever grateful...

Hi there.....

From experience

1) Use ethernet, I have missed things on USB
    2) I've used a MEGA simply that they have LOTS of I/O
    3) Use these boards for your wiring https://goo.gl/B3986s
    4) You will have to get the SPI header pins to feed ethernet through the expansion board....

I have 3 MEGA/Breakoutboards in my home installation. I would always carry a spare combination incase it fails and you need to reload firmware. I've had this running in my home for 2 years and it jsut works....

CHeers..Pete

p.s with Automation....if it jsut has to work, cat5 is the ONLY way to go
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
      Hi there.....

From experience

1) Use ethernet, I have missed things on USB
      2) I've used a MEGA simply that they have LOTS of I/O
      3) Use these boards for your wiring https://goo.gl/B3986s
      4) You will have to get the SPI header pins to feed ethernet through the expansion board....

I have 3 MEGA/Breakoutboards in my home installation. I would always carry a spare combination incase it fails and you need to reload firmware. I've had this running in my home for 2 years and it jsut works....

CHeers..Pete

p.s with Automation....if it jsut has to work, cat5 is the ONLY way to go
      thanks Pete! I had not seen those boards for wiring. People like you on this forum is the reason homeseer rocks!

Comment

Thanks mate.

These board make the whole wiring exercise easy. If you hunt Aliexpress they are way cheaper. I've found that when you stack them onto a mega ie: Mega, breakout and ethernet ontop, they can still clip into a "case". If its in an RV you may need to look at something else to mount it all in.

Good luck with your project, please send photos of your build when you start, always good to get ideas of how people do things :-)

Pete
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
        X