Pass PC time to Arduino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass PC time to Arduino?

Rather than use an RTC, can the PC time be passed to the Arduino via Ethernet?

Originally posted by Bugman1400 View Post
    Not necessarily "from" your PC, but look at the time.h library, you can use configTime to sync with an NTP source.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman1400 View Post
      For what reason? Are you using the API?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Hi, I need same functionality. I am using API mode for one Arduino and real time is necessary in case of disconnection from HS3 (Not frequently but is is critical). I am not sure how to use NTP, as Ethernet Shield is used by the plug-in... Also thinking about the option of passing current time from the plug-in into the Arduino.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X