Fatal error can't proceed pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error can't proceed pls help

I'm getting this error and can't proceed further. All libraries are downloaded and installed properly. Pls help. I'm very excited about this plug-in and want to try it asap.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM/SoftPWM_timer.h:22:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

This is a library that is not installed correctly. Make sure you replace all installed libraries with the plugin libraries.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi Greig,

Thanks for the prompt response. I can do that, however I just noticed that you mandate the use of Arduino IDE 1.6.8 while I have the latest version 1.8.5. Could this be the reason ? If yes than it is a problem for me as I do have multiple other projects going that use IDE 1.8.5. I don't want to make this one working while losing everything else. I tried to install IDE 1.6.8 in a separate directory but it won't let me. It asks me to remove IDE 1.8.5 first. Can you suggest a resolution to this problem? Thanks.

RISquare
      Last edited by risquare; August 13, 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

You could update to the Beta version of the plugin which will run on 1.8.1 of the IDE. The beta is stable and has many new features.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

I have been running the beta 1.0.0.147 using the 1.8.1 IDE and it is wonderfully stable and reliable.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. I did upgrade the plug-in to the latest version. I did download the homeseerboard1.ino file as well as the zipped libraries. I have stuff in my \library folder already so I renamed it to \library1 and created a new \library folder for the purpose of this plug-in that I'm very interested in making working. I unzipped the library file into this newly created empty folder \library. Now I'm getting another compilation error.

C:\Users\ivan\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard 1.ino:49:22: fatal error: Ethernet.h: No such file or directory

my board is Lolin32 based on ESP32 MCU.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (101).png
Views:	239
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1239970

Comment

... above is the content of the Arduino/libraries folder containing only files downloaded from HS3 Arduino plug-in beta. Notably last two files show old date while the top three files show the current date and hour of the unzip of the downloaded Libraries zip file. Yet I'm getting this compiling error

fatal error: Ethernet.h: No such file or directory

Comment

... latest info ... after judging the error messages by their names I've ventured to add Ethernet and Servo libraries to /libraries folder. Now I went full circle and got back to the original error message

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM/SoftPWM_timer.h:22:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

Comment

You need to leave the default libraries in the folder and when you add the plugin supplied libraries into the folder you need to overwrite any that are conflicting so you have both but the correct ones for the plugin.
                    I think you were closest when you had the Ethernet.h: error as this is supplied with the IDE and should be there.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Greig, thanks for the suggestion. I think I've done that but let me do it again just to be sure. I'll report soon.

Comment

No luck still getting the dreaded message

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM\SoftPWM.cpp:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

Comment

... here is how does the combined library folder look. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (102).png
Views:	245
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1239977

Comment

I see you are using the main Libraries folder are there any in the \Documents\Arduino folder as duplicates could cause problems too.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Risquare

I set up a "portable installation" purely for HS and I have another one for Tasmota firmware....that way you keep it all seperate
                              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                              X