Fatal error can't proceed pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    I see you are using the main Libraries folder are there any in the \Documents\Arduino folder as duplicates could cause problems too.
    In my attempt to keep everything clean I deleted all duplicates, however I noticed that they keep popping up, obviously Arduino IDE creates them automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
      Risquare

I set up a "portable installation" purely for HS and I have another one for Tasmota firmware....that way you keep it all seperate
      This makes sense. I was thinking of it as well.

Comment

Here is the latest. Started from scratch on a new machine. Compilation went smoothly all the way with no errors ... until I switched the board setting in Arduino IDE to reflect my real board WeMos LoLin32. Than I started getting the same error.

"...fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory"

Changed the board setting to various ESP32 boards as well as to various ESP8266 boards - all the same. Returned the setting back to Arduino board - all fine. Than I did some research and found out that Arduino boards are build around AVR microcontrollers by MicroChip (formerly Atmel) whereas ESP boards are build around Espressiff micro controllers (processor by Tensilica acquired by Cadence lately).

So, while Arduino IDE software can manage both and they are interchangeable in many applications, this particular HS3 plug-in can't work with ESP32 or ESP8266 based systems. Further research showed that "libraries" are copied at 3 places and one of the source for "libraries" is actually the board setup, which explains why the app behaves differently with different board settings.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Libraries

Bottom line, the author should consider reworking the plug-in to make it working with the popular ESP32 and ESP8266 boards and thus gain access to the second half of the Arduino market. I will be available to test if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          this particular HS3 plug-in can't work with ESP32 or ESP8266 based systems. .
          This is not true as the NodeMCU is a ESP8266 based board and many users are using this including myself. I have also used the WEMOS D1Mini boards to. I have not tested the plugin with ESP32 boards but it is not stated anywhere they are supported.

Greig.

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

What Version of the plugin are you running?
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Beta version. Arduino Plugin created by Greig DempsterEnigmatheatre). V1.0.0.148.
              Available Sketch Version = 1.0.0.145, API Version = API1.0.0.146

Comment

This is not true as the NodeMCU is a ESP8266 based board and many users are using this including myself. I have also used the WEMOS D1Mini boards to. I have not tested the plugin with ESP32 boards but it is not stated anywhere they are supported.

Greig.
                Let's make it working than. I setup a new machine for this very purpose to flash your content into my board. I do have both ESP32 and ESP8266 boards, unfortunately I do get the same error when I switch to anything that is not Arduino board.

Comment

OK, this works with the NodeMCU boards. I might try and get an ESP32 based board to try when I get a moment.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

This is what I'm getting when board NodeMCU E12 is selected

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM\SoftPWM.cpp:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
                    Used: C:\Users\litmath\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\ha rdware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\Ethernet
                    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
                    Multiple libraries were found for "Servo.h"
                    Used: C:\Users\litmath\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\ha rdware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\Servo
                    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo
                    exit status 1
                    Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
                    "Show verbose output during compilation"
                    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Comment

All I did was downloading the HomeSeer...ino file and the libraries zip file (after unzip) into a brand new installation of Arduino IDE. The files C:\users\litmath... were not created by me but automatically by the system.

Comment

is the SoftPWM that is with the plugin in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\

there are multiples of the other libraries. where did you put the plugin ones?

I am off to bed as it is 1.30am here but will look for your reply tomorrow.

Greig.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

try importing them from the IDE menu. Sketch / include Library / add zip Library.

Greig
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

is the SoftPWM that is with the plugin in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\

there are multiples of the other libraries. where did you put the plugin ones?

I am off to bed as it is 1.30am here but will look for your reply tomorrow.

Greig.
                            Arduino IDE came with its own libraries after clean download and install.
                            I unzipped the libraries that came from HS3plug-in and put all 5 of them in the Arduino/libraries folder.
                            There was no overlapping. I didn't get any message "folder exist do you want to overwrite it".
                            Except for that I didn't create/modify/relocate/delete/import any libraries.
                            Thanks for your effort to help making this working. It's appreciated.

Comment

try importing them from the IDE menu. Sketch / include Library / add zip Library.

Greig
                              I've tried that too but I've got this error

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).
                              Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library

This report would have more information with
                              "Show verbose output during compilation"
                              option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Comment

Hurray !!! Finally managed to flash NodeMCU ESP8266 based board. The problem was that I didn't bother to select Board type at the HS3 plug-in menu leaving it to the default. The reason (for me at least) was that there is a lot of information there that one has no way of knowing beforehand for example MAC address, IP address. That's why I thought that all this info will be retrieved from the board once it get flashed and connects.
                                Still a mystery to me what is board's real IP address and real MAC address. I kept the provisional ones that were in the setup menu and they didn't change in same when board got connected. I can't imagine that the plug-in will somehow force my DHCP router to assign the random IP address in the plug-in setup menu.
                                Other than that it does work. Tried basic functions. Will continue tomorrow as it's 2:30 AM here in San Diego.
                                Thanks for the support and the patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X