No announcement yet.

Fatal error can't proceed pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boards need a static IP which you need to put into the plugin config page then you need to download the sketch because as you have found the plugin configures the sketch for each board. All other info like pin setup is done on the fly and the sketch upload is not needed.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Greig thanks again. The issue at hand here is resolved and case is closed for me. As I continue testing I may have more questions/comments that I will post in separate threads.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
        Hurray !!! Finally managed to flash NodeMCU ESP8266 based board. The problem was that I didn't bother to select Board type at the HS3 plug-in menu leaving it to the default. The reason (for me at least) was that there is a lot of information there that one has no way of knowing beforehand for example MAC address, IP address. That's why I thought that all this info will be retrieved from the board once it get flashed and connects.
        Still a mystery to me what is board's real IP address and real MAC address. I kept the provisional ones that were in the setup menu and they didn't change in same when board got connected. I can't imagine that the plug-in will somehow force my DHCP router to assign the random IP address in the plug-in setup menu.
        Other than that it does work. Tried basic functions. Will continue tomorrow as it's 2:30 AM here in San Diego.
        Thanks for the support and the patience.
        You must choose the correct board and firmware type on the config page so that the plug-in can generate the correct sketch. The libraries are different between an Arduino and a NodeMCU and an API sketch is different than a basic function sketch.

The board’s IP address and MAC address are hard coded into the sketch from what you enter on the config page when you download it. If you look at the sketch in the IDE you can see the values in the edit screen. When you upload the sketch to the board it sets the IP of the board. The IP must be static and available. It will not be affected by your router’s DHCP assignment. You chose the IP based on what is available on your network. The MAC address is simply arbitrarily suggested by the plug-in and can be anything you want - same with the port.

On my system I picked a block of IP addresses corresponding to board numbers XXX.XXX.XXX.151 for board 1, .152 for board 2 and so on. I picked an address range outside of my DHCP pool that was not used for any other devices. I used similar methodologies with the MAC and port. The MAC address is unimportant, they could all be the same or anything you chose. My ports are up in the 55000 range, but the 8900 range suggested by the plug-in work fine.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks rprade. It all makes sense. As I said I'm putting this case to rest but I will remain active with question and suggestions by separate threads in this sub-forum. I do have more than a dozen ESP8266 and ESP32 based boards deployed already that communicate with my HS3 (based on other embedded software that I've commissioned).

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            I might try and get an ESP32 based board to try when I get a moment.
            Should be a great improvement! Respect nodemcu, ESP32 has a lot of GPIO more and 18ADC pins...

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post

Should be a great improvement! Respect nodemcu, ESP32 has a lot of GPIO more and 18ADC pins...
              In addition to that ESP32 is the only viable solution among them all for battery operated wireless devices such as remote keypads, motion sensors etc.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                Hurray !!! Finally managed to flash NodeMCU ESP8266 based board. The problem was that I didn't bother to select Board type at the HS3 plug-in menu leaving it to the default. The reason (for me at least) was that there is a lot of information there that one has no way of knowing beforehand for example MAC address, IP address. That's why I thought that all this info will be retrieved from the board once it get flashed and connects.
                Still a mystery to me what is board's real IP address and real MAC address. I kept the provisional ones that were in the setup menu and they didn't change in same when board got connected. I can't imagine that the plug-in will somehow force my DHCP router to assign the random IP address in the plug-in setup menu.
                Other than that it does work. Tried basic functions. Will continue tomorrow as it's 2:30 AM here in San Diego.
                Thanks for the support and the patience.
                I'm having the exact same issue as you but using the older version of arduino ide in the docs. What did you select in the plug-in menu? I only see Arduino and Arduino API options

Comment

Originally posted by justinm001 View Post

I'm having the exact same issue as you but using the older version of arduino ide in the docs. What did you select in the plug-in menu? I only see Arduino and Arduino API options
                  Support for the NodeMCU is only in the beta version, I think. The latest production release is 1.0.0.131. You will need to go to the beta section of the updater and select 1.0.0.148. You will also need to read the instrucions carefully as you will need to use IDE 1.8.1 and download the board definitions.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Support for the NodeMCU is only in the beta version, I think. The latest production release is 1.0.0.131. You will need to go to the beta section of the updater and select 1.0.0.148. You will also need to read the instrucions carefully as you will need to use IDE 1.8.1 and download the board definitions.
                    Thanks this was exactly what I needed. Didn't realize NodeMCU was beta only since in normal PDF documentation. Followed instructions exactly and finally online

Comment

Working...
                    X