X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risquare
    replied
    This is what I'm getting when board NodeMCU E12 is selected

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM\SoftPWM.cpp:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
    Used: C:\Users\litmath\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\ha rdware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\Ethernet
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
    Multiple libraries were found for "Servo.h"
    Used: C:\Users\litmath\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\ha rdware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\Servo
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    OK, this works with the NodeMCU boards. I might try and get an ESP32 based board to try when I get a moment.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

This is not true as the NodeMCU is a ESP8266 based board and many users are using this including myself. I have also used the WEMOS D1Mini boards to. I have not tested the plugin with ESP32 boards but it is not stated anywhere they are supported.

Greig.
    Let's make it working than. I setup a new machine for this very purpose to flash your content into my board. I do have both ESP32 and ESP8266 boards, unfortunately I do get the same error when I switch to anything that is not Arduino board.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Beta version. Arduino Plugin created by Greig DempsterEnigmatheatre). V1.0.0.148.
    Available Sketch Version = 1.0.0.145, API Version = API1.0.0.146

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    What Version of the plugin are you running?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by risquare View Post
    this particular HS3 plug-in can't work with ESP32 or ESP8266 based systems. .
    This is not true as the NodeMCU is a ESP8266 based board and many users are using this including myself. I have also used the WEMOS D1Mini boards to. I have not tested the plugin with ESP32 boards but it is not stated anywhere they are supported.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Here is the latest. Started from scratch on a new machine. Compilation went smoothly all the way with no errors ... until I switched the board setting in Arduino IDE to reflect my real board WeMos LoLin32. Than I started getting the same error.

"...fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory"

Changed the board setting to various ESP32 boards as well as to various ESP8266 boards - all the same. Returned the setting back to Arduino board - all fine. Than I did some research and found out that Arduino boards are build around AVR microcontrollers by MicroChip (formerly Atmel) whereas ESP boards are build around Espressiff micro controllers (processor by Tensilica acquired by Cadence lately).

So, while Arduino IDE software can manage both and they are interchangeable in many applications, this particular HS3 plug-in can't work with ESP32 or ESP8266 based systems. Further research showed that "libraries" are copied at 3 places and one of the source for "libraries" is actually the board setup, which explains why the app behaves differently with different board settings.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Libraries

Bottom line, the author should consider reworking the plug-in to make it working with the popular ESP32 and ESP8266 boards and thus gain access to the second half of the Arduino market. I will be available to test if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    Risquare

I set up a "portable installation" purely for HS and I have another one for Tasmota firmware....that way you keep it all seperate
    This makes sense. I was thinking of it as well.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    I see you are using the main Libraries folder are there any in the \Documents\Arduino folder as duplicates could cause problems too.
    In my attempt to keep everything clean I deleted all duplicates, however I noticed that they keep popping up, obviously Arduino IDE creates them automatically.

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Risquare

I set up a "portable installation" purely for HS and I have another one for Tasmota firmware....that way you keep it all seperate

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I see you are using the main Libraries folder are there any in the \Documents\Arduino folder as duplicates could cause problems too.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    ... here is how does the combined library folder look. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (102).png
Views:	244
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1239977

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    No luck still getting the dreaded message

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SoftPWM\SoftPWM.cpp:26:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Greig, thanks for the suggestion. I think I've done that but let me do it again just to be sure. I'll report soon.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    You need to leave the default libraries in the folder and when you add the plugin supplied libraries into the folder you need to overwrite any that are conflicting so you have both but the correct ones for the plugin.
    I think you were closest when you had the Ethernet.h: error as this is supplied with the IDE and should be there.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X