X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    OK. I have had as many as 5 NodeMCU boards connected. I have never had a problem. I currently have 2 of them running 24/7 with LCD displays. We’ve never seen them skip a beat.

My brother was having problems getting his to connect and we confirmed that they were connecting to the network. Last weekend he decided to move HomeSeer back to a Xeon server, because he felt the little computer it was running on was underpowered. When he brought it up on the new server, the NodeMCU connected immediately. I have no idea what the problem might have been. My first thought would be the firewall, but my brother is very competent with computers and he would have disabled that first. It was clearly something in his PC, but I still don’t know what. I have moved my installation back and forth between a VM and the physical machine several times since putting NodeMCUs in production. They always reliably connect.

If you have disabled the firewall and still can’t connect, I have no guesses as to why.
    On my setup I recently discovered that the NodeMCU would not connect until I changed on the router the security algorithm from WPA2 to WPA/WPA2 Mixed. I.e., my NodeMCU doesn't like the WPA2 handshake. YMMV.

I am presently attempting to connect my NodeMCU to HS3 via the Arduino plugin. I'm having major difficulty, which I'll post separately.

Leave a comment:

• stinggray
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post

This would be a firewall issue. You will run into this on plug-ins that need to go out to the network. If your PC is a pro version of Windows, you can setup a RDP session and check firewall and UAC issues with plug-ins.

It's not a pro but thanks again for the input. I will defiantly keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by stinggray View Post
    OK, I got it working. The PC I have running HS is upstairs in a closet so when I'm setting something up I just use my laptop downstairs. Once I looked at the HS PC it was asking me to grant permission for the board to connect.

Thanks for all your help and input
    This would be a firewall issue. You will run into this on plug-ins that need to go out to the network. If your PC is a pro version of Windows, you can setup a RDP session and check firewall and UAC issues with plug-ins.

Leave a comment:

• stinggray
    replied
    OK, I got it working. The PC I have running HS is upstairs in a closet so when I'm setting something up I just use my laptop downstairs. Once I looked at the HS PC it was asking me to grant permission for the board to connect.

Thanks for all your help and input

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    The board is connecting to my network.
    I thought you had confirmed this by pinging from your HS machine. A successful ping from the HS machine would confirm that a connection is possible.

A ping can be issued from a Linux terminal or a Windows command window. On either system the syntax is ping <ip address>. The response will tell you if the board answered.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    what are you running HS on? If it is a windows build then just ping it from the command line.

Leave a comment:

• stinggray
    replied
    Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

How do you know this? can you ping the board from your HS server?

Greig
    When I log in to my router I can see it in the list of devices connected. Also, I set up the example HelloServer it works fine on my network.

How do I ping from HS?

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    How do you know this? can you ping the board from your HS server?

Greig

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    OK. I have had as many as 5 NodeMCU boards connected. I have never had a problem. I currently have 2 of them running 24/7 with LCD displays. We’ve never seen them skip a beat.

My brother was having problems getting his to connect and we confirmed that they were connecting to the network. Last weekend he decided to move HomeSeer back to a Xeon server, because he felt the little computer it was running on was underpowered. When he brought it up on the new server, the NodeMCU connected immediately. I have no idea what the problem might have been. My first thought would be the firewall, but my brother is very competent with computers and he would have disabled that first. It was clearly something in his PC, but I still don’t know what. I have moved my installation back and forth between a VM and the physical machine several times since putting NodeMCUs in production. They always reliably connect.

If you have disabled the firewall and still can’t connect, I have no guesses as to why.

Leave a comment:

• stinggray
    replied

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Also, can you ping the board from the HS computer? If you can that would confirm the board is connecting to WiFi and can be reached from HS.
    Last edited by randy; August 16, 2018, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Do you have any AV installed or firewall that could be blocking the board?

Leave a comment:

• stinggray
    started a topic Unable to connect to Nodemcu

Unable to connect to Nodemcu

I am unable to connect to the Node MCU esp8266 of the Wemos mini lite. I have the Trial Plug-in installed in HS3, in the plug-in I have Nodemcu chosen with the correct IP, SSID, and password entered. I have downloaded the sketch and loaded it onto the board. At this point, I have tried to connect from the plug-in to the board and having no luck. Attached is a screenshot of the plug-in setup. Am I missing something or is there any suggestions on how to get to connect?

Craig
    Attached Files
Working...
X