Arduino vs ESP8266 (aka NodeMCU) features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino vs ESP8266 (aka NodeMCU) features

I see twice as many features available to Arduino board compared to ESP8266.
    Among them PWM, OneWire, Servo, whereas ESP8266 is restricted pretty much to few digital inputs and outputs.
    Are these features coming to ESP8266 and when.

Yes, I am working adding some more features to the NodeMCU boards but work is a little busy and I do not have much time. There are also some differences in the way the boards work so I have to get around the problems that create. I nearly have onewire working and hope to have this out in the next week or two.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I would like to see the analog pin option on the NodeMCU board.

Comment

Originally posted by stinggray View Post
        I would like to see the analog pin option on the NodeMCU board.
        I am working on this now.

Greig.

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Great

Thanks for this great plug-in.

Comment

I can use "1wire" and "stepper motor control" right away on NodeMCU board.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              I can use "1wire" and "stepper motor control" right away on NodeMCU board.
              One Wire is in testing but I don't think I will support stepper motor control in the main Sketch as there is to many variables so you would need to use the API for that.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Asked earlier. But can you also inplement PWM for the NodeMCU?

Comment

Originally posted by egbertje View Post
                  Asked earlier. But can you also inplement PWM for the NodeMCU?
                  I have looked at this but there are various problems with this and I dont think it will be any time soon as the way it is done at the moment is with a library that is not supported on the NodeMCU.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

One Wire is in testing but I don't think I will support stepper motor control in the main Sketch as there is to many variables so you would need to use the API for that.

Greig.
                    There are multiple reports online stating that it is relatively easy to drive a stepper motor using one of the dedicated drivers such as Pololu, that are widely available and inexpensive.

https://www.pololu.com/product/2133

The problem I see is that unlike many other plug-ins the Arduino plug-in doesn't have its own "action" menu. Instead it relies on HS3 actions pertaining to the devices it creates. This is perfectly fine for simple actions like turn a relay on/off.
                    In the case of stepper motor control one has to setup direction, number of steps, speed, continuous run (option), disable etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X