Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nodemcu disconnects every 90 seconds

Hi,

Having used this great plugin with Arduino for a while, I decided to try the nodeMCU boards with it. Setup was pretty easy however I have a strange issue occurring.

Every 90 seconds, the Wi-fi LED goes out on the nodeMCU and two of the four designated outputs float high and two float low. The disconnect lasts around 20 seconds and then the board reconnects - the outputs switching to the correct state. This cycle happens constantly and like clockwork.

I'm not sure if it's the code crashing periodically as I've tried two separate boards and both are donig the same thing. When I upload the code using the Arduino IDE (1.8.1), I use the nodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E module) setting. It does however flash up a warning on upload stating that

"WARNING: library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on [avr] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [esp8266] architecture(s)."

I'm not sure if it's this that is causing the code to crash or if anyone got any idea what this issue may be?

Best wishes,

Jay

The boards I am using are these : HiLetgo 2pcs New Version ESP8266 NodeMCU LUA CP2102 ESP-12E Internet WIFI Development Board Open source Serial Wireless Module Works Great Arduino IDE/Micropython https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0791FJB..._RN-DBb4HJM33C

They are being powered by 5V USB wall charger with an ample output current.
    Last edited by jayceekeys; August 18th, 2018, 05:17 AM.

Can you send me a debug log as it sounds like the board is not receiving the correct data and resetting as this is set to 90sec.
    Have you tried downloading the sketch again and uploading it as it sounds like there is a problem with the setup?

Greig
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Can you send me a debug log as it sounds like the board is not receiving the correct data and resetting as this is set to 90sec.
      Have you tried downloading the sketch again and uploading it as it sounds like there is a problem with the setup?

Greig
      Hi Greig,

I've sent you the log via PM.

Many thanks for your help,

Jay

Comment

Working...
      X