Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    I will add that I did see random connection issues when I was using clone (not genuine) Arduino boards and shields. I would always recommend spending the money on genuine Arduino boards and Ethernet shields. I have 4 genuine Arduino Megas with Arduino shields and rarely see a disconnect. When I had clone Megas I saw a lot of disconnects and had a couple of output pin failures. I had two of 4 clone shields fail within a month. The first failed to connect and the second would drop a connection every few hours. I switched to all genuine in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• field888
    replied
    Thanks Randy,
    I'll give it a go, hope that's the only problem.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by field888 View Post
    Thanks Pete,
    Would you happen to know if I change just the ethernet board, would I have to download the sketch again?
    Doug
    I’m not Pete

You can change the shield without uploading a new sketch, as long as they are the same version. The V2 shield uses a different library than the original.

Leave a comment:

• field888
    replied
    Thanks Pete,
    Would you happen to know if I change just the ethernet board, would I have to download the sketch again?
    Doug

Leave a comment:

• petez69
    replied
    Sadly the only thing I could suggest is the shield. Varying success with clone ethernet board from Ebay and Aliexpress. I went to the latest BETA version and haev still noticed 2 of my MEGA boards "occasionally" reset where the 3rd never has issues. I've never been able to get to the bottom of it

Pete

Leave a comment:

• field888
    started a topic Ethernet connection errors

Ethernet connection errors

Hi,
    I am currently using a Uno board with the Ethernet shield. I just noticed that the logs are showing periodic Ethernet disconnects, about 4 /day. The connection seems to come right back up. I can't see any obvious reason for this and short of replacing the shield, any thoughts as to how I could troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Doug

Current Date/Time: 8/25/2018 11:43:59 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 3 Days 21 Hours 52 Minutes 17 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.140.68
    Number of Devices: 200
    Number of Events: 180
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0