No announcement yet.

How to send Output value from arduino to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sendhs is only for input, and the fromhs is only for output, I need the to be able to read and write the output without using the HS script or event

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      The sendhs is only for input, and the fromhs is only for output, I need the to be able to read and write the output without using the HS script or event
      I am sorry I do not understand what you mean by read an output? Can you explain what you are trying to do in the real world? eg. what you have set up as IO and what you want to go on and off when with what you want to monitor in HS.
      Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

I have an Homeseer device Output On=100 Off=0 that is create from the Homeseer Arduino config

I can use the FromHS() to read the value that is perfect. when I read 100 the arduino API will do something.

then in the Arduino API I need to set the Homeseer device Output to 0, this is what i can't do.

Comment

OK I would use a new input device to trigger an event to set the device to 0 then in your sketch trigger the device when you receive 100. Can I ask why not just have the output toggle on and of again after x seconds?
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I know I can use an event but it would be so simple to be able to do it in the api, this should not be so hard to do

Comment

I have similar problem with API. I building device and part of the functionality is simple light switch. I want to control light locally on Arduino using momentary switch (toggle on / off - one touch is one, another touch is off). Variable that change by the switch I am using to control relay - on/off. Also I want to control this variable by HS3 - on/off. In this case I am creating two devices - Input - to see the state of light that I am changing on Arduino and output to control from HS3. The problem is synchronization between Input and Output device. I found workaround but its kind of little complicated and unclear. I think it more clear if it will be one device. What if you will create another (third) type of Devices - synced or reciprocal or Input/Output or I don't know how to call it better. The main feature - that this will be single device that you can change remotely and read current state on HS3 (read and write - same device). Like devices on z-wave - you switching light on wall and from HS and its the same device. What you think Greig.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                It was my similar "problem", send a value from arduino API to a out device (like the bedroom light).
                In this way, I can switch on and off light from homeseer and from arduino.
                My solution is move from arduino plugin to mqtt plugin.
                This is a very good solution for me.
                Example, I have a bedroom switch and light (switch input, light output).
                With arduino plugin i had a script: if switch (input) value change --> toggle light (output).
                I want to use a arduino board independent from homeseer.
                So my sketch on arduino is: if switch (input) value change --> toggle light (output) and it work without homeseer. When output change, arduino send a mqtt data to homeseer that update the bedroom light device. If I press "OFF" on the bedroom light device (on homesser webpage), hs send an mqtt data to arduino, arduino switch off the bedroom light. In this way, I can toggle the bedroom light even if homeseer (or arduino plugin, or wifi (for esp8266)) is down. Every change is reported from<->to homeseer by mqtt data.
                Now I'm working to write the sketch for all my devices in order to have my home automation independent from HS. HS is used for complex event but if a night I arrive to home and hs server is down, I can switch on all my lamps in home...

Comment

Working...
                X