Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DonMor
    replied
    What I need is to be able to send SendToHS in the API to change a value in HS that is not part of Arduino plugin (hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(50, 100, True)), at the same time do you think we could have the possibility to read other HS value by reference number. This would give a wide possibility for the API

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I am not sure I understand 100% but I think you just need the SendToHS(Device ,Value ) to be called in your sketch to update the homeseer device with the value of your output.

To Send Data to Homeseer use SendToHS(Device,Value) you can send a int, Long or Float to Homeseer. Eg.. SendToHS(1,200); where 1 is the API device in homeseer and 200 is the value to send In your code

To Receive Data from Homeseer use FromHS(Device) this is an array of the values of your output devices in Homeseer. You can then do what you want with the value. Eg.. digitalWrite(MyPin, FromHS[5]); would set MyPin to the same value as API Output device 5

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• DonMor
    replied
    Yes this is exactly what I need, having a sendhs to the output.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    So you are controlling the output pin with your code, exclusive of HomeSeer and you want to update the status of the HomeSeer Device for that output.

I think Greig will have to chime in on that, because the help file only talks about updating the value or string of an input. The same methods may work, but I have little API experience.

Leave a comment:

• DonMor
    replied
    I’m creating a complex API in arduino, most of output is control by arduino, I'll use the hs output to trigger some fonction in arduino and not the output, for that I need to turn off the HS output when my fonction is done to be able to trigger arduino again

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I'm not following what you are asking. An Arduino output is controlled by HS. How would an output change without HS initiating the request?

Leave a comment:

• DonMor
    started a topic How to send Output value from arduino to HS

How to send Output value from arduino to HS

It is possible to send a value from Arduino to HS for the Output?
Working...
X