Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeerBoard(1).ino needs to be inside a sketch folder named Homeseerboard(1)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HomeSeerBoard(1).ino needs to be inside a sketch folder named Homeseerboard(1)

    I have upgraded the arduino plugin to version 1.0.0.131 and got a incompatibility error so I down loaded IDE V1.6.8 and now I'm getting a "HomeseerBoard(1).ino needs to be inside a sketch folder named Homeseerboard(1) when I click on download firmware to the board. I have two arduino mega2560s and they have been working great for two years. There has been no changes other than the plugin update.

    I'm feeling real stupid since I didn't have any real problems when I first installed the arduinos and plugin a few years ago. What is the sketch folder? The unzip put the Homeseerboard folder in the download folder and I moved it into the c:\program files (x86\arduino\libraries folder. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

  • #2
    You are doing nothing wrong just click ok as the IDE will put the sketch in a folder with the same name. It might also not like the brackets in the name.

    Greig
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

    Comment


    • #3
      To add to what Greig wrote, it doesn't matter if you leave the sketch in the downloads folder. The IDE will open the ino file, create a folder of the same name (in the downloads folder) and place the ino within that folder. Then it will compile the sketch and upload it to the board. Once this is done the file and folder can be deleted. Once the sketch is uploaded it is no longer needed. Obviously if you are creating an API sketch you would want to keep it for future revisions. A standard sketch should be created fresh from the plug-in in case there were updates to the plug-in.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        I clicked on OK but then I get an error message "could not create sketch" when I click OK I get a message failed to open sketch C:\users\rick\downloads\HomeSeer Board1 (1) .ino clicking OK the I think sketch "Sketch_Sept23a | Arduino 1.6.8 Looking at the downloads directory I see a folder HomeSeerBoard1(1) was created with HomeSeerBoard1(1) (arduino file.

        Any more thoughts?

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NeilsenRM View Post
          I clicked on OK but then I get an error message "could not create sketch" when I click OK I get a message failed to open sketch C:\users\rick\downloads\HomeSeer Board1 (1) .ino clicking OK the I think sketch "Sketch_Sept23a | Arduino 1.6.8 Looking at the downloads directory I see a folder HomeSeerBoard1(1) was created with HomeSeerBoard1(1) (arduino file.

          Any more thoughts?

          Thanks
          The first thing that concerns me is the (1) after the file name. This could indicate that the file was downloaded twice. Delete all HomeSeerBoard* folders and files from your downloads folder. Then download the sketch again and try to open it with the IDE. It should place that file in a folder of the same name and open it.

          What version of the Arduino plug-in are you running.

          Where does Sketch_Sept23a come from? This is not created by the plug-in.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

          Comment


          • #6
            Once you have deleted the duplicate files, put a fresh one (.ino) on the desktop, right click it and choose open with Arduino IDE.


            Eman.
            The Closer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eman View Post
              Once you have deleted the duplicate files, put a fresh one (.ino) on the desktop, right click it and choose open with Arduino IDE.


              Eman.
              Why do that instead of just leaving it in the downloads folder and opening it? Also, when the IDE is installed, any .ino file you open will launch the IDE, so there is no need to right click.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                The (1) was the utility trying to create a duplicate. I deleted all the HomeSeerBaord folders in the downloads and it created the script. So then I tried to upload to my board and I got a upload error. I'm running an older script on my Arduinos do I need to clear them before uploading. I'm try to upload a V1.6.8 but it seems like I have a version 1.6.9 on my arduinos.

                I did a version upgrade on the plugin to 1.0.0.131 which is incompatible with the script on my arduinos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Why do that instead of just leaving it in the downloads folder and opening it? Also, when the IDE is installed, any .ino file you open will launch the IDE, so there is no need to right click.
                  Like you said earlier the file is not needed after uploading the sketch which is true, it amounts to the same thing that the file automatically created in the downloads folder. And it's the easiest way of loading it. Just try it if you think am wrong.


                  Eman.
                  The Closer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eman View Post

                    Like you said earlier the file is not needed after uploading the sketch which is true, it amounts to the same thing that the file automatically created in the downloads folder. And it's the easiest way of loading it. Just try it if you think am wrong.


                    Eman.
                    Not to belabor the obvious, but how is it easier to move the file from downloads to the desktop before opening it as compared to opening it in the downloads folder initially?
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

                    PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Not to belabor the obvious, but how is it easier to move the file from downloads to the desktop before opening it as compared to opening it in the downloads folder initially?
                      Okay,
                      Now I know what you are on about. I use Windows Server 2012 R2 which does not let me download anything directly or open anything through the web browser that I always use my desktop for any downloads for HomeSeer!
                      Apologies, if granted?


                      Eman.
                      The Closer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So what would cause a upload error?

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eman View Post

                          Okay,
                          Now I know what you are on about. I use Windows Server 2012 R2 which does not let me download anything directly or open anything through the web browser that I always use my desktop for any downloads for HomeSeer!
                          Apologies, if granted?


                          Eman.
                          Absolutely!

                          I was just trying to understand. Now I do.

                          Randy Prade
                          Aurora, CO
                          Prades.net

                          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NeilsenRM View Post
                            The (1) was the utility trying to create a duplicate. I deleted all the HomeSeerBaord folders in the downloads and it created the script. So then I tried to upload to my board and I got a upload error. I'm running an older script on my Arduinos do I need to clear them before uploading. I'm try to upload a V1.6.8 but it seems like I have a version 1.6.9 on my arduinos.

                            I did a version upgrade on the plugin to 1.0.0.131 which is incompatible with the script on my arduinos.
                            The IDE version needs to be the one stipulated on the config page and the libraries need to match.

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	1249072

                            The IDE version will not affect the sketch, just the libraries that are used. If you use a different IDE than the one called for on the config page, it will fail. If the additional libraries are not the ones supplied with the current plug-in version, it will fail.

                            When I install a new version of the plug-in, if a different IDE is required, I uninstall the IDE i have installed. Then I download the new version of the IDE and install it. Then I download the libraries from the plug-in configuration page and install them, making sure to overwrite any existing libraries. Then download the sketch, open it in the correct IDE, select the board type, the port and upload it to the board. It never has failed.

                            If all of that is correct and you are still you are getting an upload error in the IDE, it should be noted why. Usually it is because the board type is wrong, the incorrect com port is selected or libraries are missing. What is the exact error and when do you get it?
                            Last edited by rprade; September 24th, 2018, 03:58 PM.
                            Randy Prade
                            Aurora, CO
                            Prades.net

                            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK got the sketches uploaded to my Arduinos. Thanks for the quick help.

                              Turns out the default for the upload is com port 3 and my arduinos use 4 and 5. I didn't know to know to scroll up to find the right error message.

                              For the future I don't know much about the arduinos and the update process. It had been two years since I messed with them. So I needed much more basic instructions. I didn't even remember I need to click on the right arrow to upload or that I needed to go to tools to specify the com port for the upload.

                              Anyway the plug in works great. Very useful product.

                              Thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X