Board 2 not Connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board 2 not Connecting

I have a board 1 with the "Arduino API" and that has been working reliably for weeks now. Since yesterday I am trying to add a second "Arduino" (not "Arduino API") board. However, I am not able to establish any connection. Sometimes I don't get any errors in the log at all but it just says "Connect button pressed". Sometimes, after that message I get a "Board 2 Version 1.0.0.127 and Plugin Version 1.0.0.131 are compatible.". Other times I also get a "Error = Exception in DataReceivedHandler : The operation has timed out.".

I have tried all kinds of different things including:
    • Switch USB cables with the one from board 1 that apparently is good.
    • Lower the baud rate to 9600. Btw, when you generate the script I think it sets the baud rate at the wrong place. There are two places, one where board type is 2 (which is the one that gets adjusted) and one where it's not 2 (where it doesn't get adjusted and my board type is set to 0).
    • Use a different Arduino board to make sure it's not the Arduino.
    • Use a different sketch and make sure it downloads correctly and the pins are working. All is fine.
    • For many of those steps I deleted the board, recreated it, downloaded a new script generated from the Arduino plugin configuration page
    There might still something dumb I am missing but if somebody has any pointers I certainly would appreciate it. Btw, board 1 is still working fine. It's just board 2 that causes me issues. I assume it's ok to mix "Arduino API" and "Arduino" type of boards.

Just for testing I set my second board to "Arduino API" and downloaded the same code as for my first board. However, I still can't connect. I then switched back to the "Arduino" version (rather than "Arduino API") and modified the code to blink the on-board LED just to make sure the program actually downloaded ok. It did because after downloading the onboard LED blinks now. I still can't connect, though. Connecting to board 1 still works fine.

Comment

I still can't get this to work. So I downloaded the code for board 2 to board 1. I am not able to connect. Then I re-download the original code to board 1 and I can connect. So it's not the board and it's not the cable. In addition, I deleted board 2, re-created board 2, downloaded the sketch from the configuration page, compiled it and downloaded it and tried to connect. Still no go. So this is the original "Arduino" code (not Arduino API) without any modifications at all and with now input/output pins created.
      Edit: Also when I click on connect to connect to the board and then try to do something in the Arduino development environment (like starting the serial monitor) I can't connect. So the plugin is occupying the serial port but it never goes into the connected state. When I click on Disconnect in the plugin configuration page then I am able to hook up the serial monitor. Then on the serial monitor I get a message "Connect 2". So the program on the Arduino is responding but the plugin still thinks it's disconnected.
      Last edited by mulu; November 16th, 2018, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I am STILL having the same issue. I followed the instructions step by step, using the correct IDE version, downloaded the libs from the configuration page, restarted the IDE, downloaded the program for the board (just the simple one, not API), compiled it, uploaded it and clicked on connect.

Here is the log:
        Logging Level changed to All
        Data Received:Version 3 1.0.0.127 HS3
        Board 3 Version 1.0.0.127 and Plugin Version 1.0.0.131 are compatible.
        Sent to com port No:1001 = 3 C ,Connect Command
        Data Received:Conneced 3
        Sent to com port No:1001 = 3 K ,Keep Alive Command
        Keeping Board: 3 Comport Alive.
        Data Received:Alive 3
        Com port lost
        New Com port Found
        Warning = Com Port No:14 is not open.
        Warning = Board: 3 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
        Warning = Board: 3 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
        Error = Board: 3 Connection FAILED.

Edit: Btw, when I download another API program then it connects right away. It just doesn't work with the non-API one. Can I not mix both API and non-API boards?

Comment

Can you email m e a full log. I guess you a are using the comport connection but it looks like the plugin is using Ethernet. Try restarting the plugin and use V.148 from the Beta section in the updater.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

After upgrading to v.148 it worked pretty much right away.

Comment

Working...
            X