Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with NodeMcu

Hi all,

After a couple weeks I am still not able to get a working NodeMcu with this plugin.
    It is all new to me, so I try to setup this with all kind of manuals from the forum.
    I also buy a second NodeMcu because I tought it was broken.
    When I follow the manual I am stuck on Download the Sketch to the board.
    I get a error, see below.
    Hope someone can help me to get this working.
    The board I use is the NodeMcu Lua V3 CH340G ESP8266

Antoon

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, 115200, 4M (3M SPIFFS)"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=esp8266:esp8266:nodemcuv2:CpuFrequency=80,UploadSpeed=1 15200,FlashSize=4M3M -ide-version=10801 -build-path C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_532025 -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.path=C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp 8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Loc al\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\mkspiffs\0.1.2 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool.path=C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Loca l\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\esptool\0.4.8 -verbose C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

It looks like you have not installed the board in the IDE.

To add a NodeMCU board to the plugin:
    1. In the Arduino IDE go to File, Preferences. Under Additional Boards Manager Urls add http://arduino.esp8266.com/staging/p...com_index.json then click OK.
    2. In the Arduino IDE go to Tools, Board, Board Manager and search for nodemcu and click install to install the board V2.3.0-rc2
    3. In the Plugin you should select NodeMcu as your board type for a new board.
    4. Fill in your SSID and password.
    5. Download the Sketch for the board. 6. In the Arduino IDE chose the NodeMCU V1.0(ESP-12E Module) 7. Select the comport after plugging in the board. 8. Download the Sketch to the board.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I am stuck on point 2 In the Arduino IDE go to Tools, Board, Board Manager and search for nodemcu and click install to install the board V2.3.0-rc2
      It is not there.

Comment

The URL was shortened by the board. it should be

Code:
        http://arduino.esp8266.com/staging/package_esp8266com_index.json
        Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Yes I had the right URL
          I see only this one

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1260282

Comment

Originally posted by antoon View Post
            Yes I had the right URL
            I see only this one

Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1260282
            OK so you have it installed now select it from the Tools/board drop down and you are good to go. It should tell you the selected board type in the bottom right of the IDE.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

I have this

Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1260323

Comment

It appears you have the correct board and a com port selected, but have not opened the sketch. You need to open the sketch you download for the specific board from the plug-in configuration page. As Greig wrote it must have all the correct settings for the NodeMCU including SSID and passphrase. Then on the IDE under Tools, you must select the correct board type and com port it is attached to for upload.

Is this an Arduino API sketch or the standard Arduino?
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  It appears you have the correct board and a com port selected, but have not opened the sketch. You need to open the sketch you download for the specific board from the plug-in configuration page. As Greig wrote it must have all the correct settings for the NodeMCU including SSID and passphrase. Then on the IDE under Tools, you must select the correct board type and com port it is attached to for upload.

Is this an Arduino API sketch or the standard Arduino?
                  I have really no idea.
                  I can load the sketch and then I get this

Views:	41
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1260353

Then when I press Sketch upload I get this

Name:	Knipsel1.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1260354

Under the copy error message I get then

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, 115200, 4M (3M SPIFFS)"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries \\QNAP-TS453A\home\Mijn Documenten\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=esp8266:esp8266:nodemcuv2:CpuFrequency=80,UploadSpeed=1 15200,FlashSize=4M3M -ide-version=10801 -build-path C:\Users\ANTOON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_486926 -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\xte nsa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\esp tool\0.4.8 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\mks piffs\0.1.2 -verbose C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\Downloads\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

Comment

Did you download and install the libraries from the plug-in, unzip them and install them exactly as the manual states?

Name:	capture.png
Views:	33
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1260372

One thing that is not stated: be sure and overwrite any existing files.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

Comment

Yes I have, but I will check again tonight when I am home.
                      Thanks,

Antoon

Comment

OK, have delete everything from Arduino and did a fresh install.
                        After that I was able to download the sketch and I think it went good.
                        I had only one warning, see picture.
                        After downloading I can connect the board to the plugin and seems to be working.
                        Thanks for your help guys.
                        Now further to connect the LCD on it

Name:	Knipsel3.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1260600

Comment

That error is normal. I see it on all of my working boards. The sketch should compile and upload just fine.
                          Randy Prade
                          Aurora, CO
                          Prades.net

Comment

After running the scanner and set the LCD adress everything is working.
                            I only get a connection error everytime.
                            What can I do about that?

Comment

I thought I'd also give this a try. Also experimenting with a NodeMCU that I just got.

Followed the instructions in this thread, and things seemed to go smoothly.
                              Installed the Arduino IDE, downloaded the libraries, used the link to add the board in board manager, configured the IP and a few pins, downloaded and tried to compile the sketch. I got the same warning message, but I also got the following error about missing avr/pgmspace.h in an include statement. I don't have an avr folder, nor that file anywhere. I used all download links from this thread.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X