• Show
Clear All

• thomauto@aol.com
    replied
    Good deal! you're welcome

Leave a comment:

• jhirschhorn
    replied
    I'd been experimenting with the RaspberryPi and had great success, but the Arduino is smaller, cheaper, and seemed easier to set up (no OS to load and configure first), so I wanted to explore that option as well.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion. Your sketch did compile so I assumed I have my environment set up properly. I then updated it with my WiFi info and saw it connected to HS. I next compared your sketch, and the one generated by my system's plugin, for any differences and tried to legitimize them. I eventually discovered your sketch showed a later version of the plugin, odd since I installed the release version (.131) a couple days ago from the installer. After finally upgrading to the latest beta version (.148) via the updater, I was able to configure, download, compile and then upload to my Arduino board, and now have it connected wirelessly to my HS system. I'm going to leave it as is, flipping a relay every 5 minutes to test its connectivity and reliability for the next few days before I go any further with it.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and the sample sketch that eventually led me to a working solution.

Leave a comment:

• thomauto@aol.com
    replied
    Originally posted by jhirschhorn View Post
    I thought I'd also give this a try. Also experimenting with a NodeMCU that I just got.

Followed the instructions in this thread, and things seemed to go smoothly.
    Installed the Arduino IDE, downloaded the libraries, used the link to add the board in board manager, configured the IP and a few pins, downloaded and tried to compile the sketch. I got the same warning message, but I also got the following error about missing avr/pgmspace.h in an include statement. I don't have an avr folder, nor that file anywhere. I used all download links from this thread.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thanks

I seem to struggle with Arduino and its libraries alot. Try this sketch, it probably doesn't match what you are doing but it does load and work with HS.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jhirschhorn
    replied
    I thought I'd also give this a try. Also experimenting with a NodeMCU that I just got.

Followed the instructions in this thread, and things seemed to go smoothly.
    Installed the Arduino IDE, downloaded the libraries, used the link to add the board in board manager, configured the IP and a few pins, downloaded and tried to compile the sketch. I got the same warning message, but I also got the following error about missing avr/pgmspace.h in an include statement. I don't have an avr folder, nor that file anywhere. I used all download links from this thread.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    After running the scanner and set the LCD adress everything is working.
    I only get a connection error everytime.
    What can I do about that?

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    That error is normal. I see it on all of my working boards. The sketch should compile and upload just fine.

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    OK, have delete everything from Arduino and did a fresh install.
    After that I was able to download the sketch and I think it went good.
    I had only one warning, see picture.
    After downloading I can connect the board to the plugin and seems to be working.
    Thanks for your help guys.
    Now further to connect the LCD on it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel3.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1260600

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    Yes I have, but I will check again tonight when I am home.
    Thanks,

Antoon

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Did you download and install the libraries from the plug-in, unzip them and install them exactly as the manual states?

Name:	capture.png
Views:	52
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1260372

One thing that is not stated: be sure and overwrite any existing files.

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    It appears you have the correct board and a com port selected, but have not opened the sketch. You need to open the sketch you download for the specific board from the plug-in configuration page. As Greig wrote it must have all the correct settings for the NodeMCU including SSID and passphrase. Then on the IDE under Tools, you must select the correct board type and com port it is attached to for upload.

Is this an Arduino API sketch or the standard Arduino?
    I have really no idea.
    I can load the sketch and then I get this

Name:	Knipsel.PNG
Views:	69
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1260353

Then when I press Sketch upload I get this

Name:	Knipsel1.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1260354

Under the copy error message I get then

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, 115200, 4M (3M SPIFFS)"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries \\QNAP-TS453A\home\Mijn Documenten\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=esp8266:esp8266:nodemcuv2:CpuFrequency=80,UploadSpeed=1 15200,FlashSize=4M3M -ide-version=10801 -build-path C:\Users\ANTOON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_486926 -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\xte nsa-lx106-elf-gcc\1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\esp tool\0.4.8 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\mks piffs\0.1.2 -verbose C:\Users\Antoon Verheijen\Downloads\HomeseerBoard1\HomeseerBoard1.ino

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    It appears you have the correct board and a com port selected, but have not opened the sketch. You need to open the sketch you download for the specific board from the plug-in configuration page. As Greig wrote it must have all the correct settings for the NodeMCU including SSID and passphrase. Then on the IDE under Tools, you must select the correct board type and com port it is attached to for upload.

Is this an Arduino API sketch or the standard Arduino?

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    I have this

Views:	59
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1260323

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by antoon View Post
    Yes I had the right URL
    I see only this one

Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1260282
    OK so you have it installed now select it from the Tools/board drop down and you are good to go. It should tell you the selected board type in the bottom right of the IDE.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• antoon
    replied
    Yes I had the right URL
    I see only this one

Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1260282

Leave a comment: