X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Thanks Randy. It's Ethernet but I suspect it's not a genuine shield - the board itself however is. I'm running .142 and until recently, it has been rock solid. I guess I'll go and pick up a new shield as well as considering updating to .148.
    My clone Ethernet shields were fine for quite a while (maybe 6 months) before one of them started dropping connections. About a month later a second one started dropping connections. Finally one quit altogether and I replaced all 4. That was in early 2015 IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks Randy. It's Ethernet but I suspect it's not a genuine shield - the board itself however is. I'm running .142 and until recently, it has been rock solid. I guess I'll go and pick up a new shield as well as considering updating to .148.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I have a connection problem to an Arduino which is so intermittent - like once every 24-24 hrs. but am not sure how to T/S it. Nothing in my setup has changed. It used to be 100% but now the only way to resolve the issue is to power cycle the board. Aside swapping, what options do I have.

Robert
    Is this an Ethernet or USB connection? I was using clone instead of genuine Ethernet shields early on and 2 out of the four began dropping connections intermittently. One eventually failed. I went to genuine Arduino shields and the problems stopped. Also of note is that Greig chased intermittent connections with the recent betas. If you are running .131 you might try .148. You will need to use a new IDE and upload new sketches.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    started a topic T/S suggestions for disconnects

T/S suggestions for disconnects

I have a connection problem to an Arduino which is so intermittent - like once every 24-24 hrs. but am not sure how to T/S it. Nothing in my setup has changed. It used to be 100% but now the only way to resolve the issue is to power cycle the board. Aside swapping, what options do I have.

Robert
Working...
X