1-wire adding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-wire adding

I'm totally new to 1-wire devices, but I hooked up a DS18S20 1-wire device to my shop Arduino to test it and I followed the installation process. It didn't add the device right away in homeseer (as mentioned in the manual), I tried heated it up (with my hand) after it was powered it in a cool~ish shop. It didn't add. I figured I'd give it a few days and it has now added itself on it's own.

The reason for this post is that I plan on wiring in 10-15 of these throughout my house (along with servos connected to individual dampers), and I am just wondering how long does it normally take to add to HS? Anything I can do to speed it up? There is no identifying marks on these one wire devices so I'd wire them all up and then physically connect each one at a time, rename the device to where it's monitoring and then add the next. Is there a better way of doing this?

I can't get over how cool this plugin is...

The plugin will add the device if the device is found on the network and the device changes value.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X