Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino help needed

Hi to all,

I would appreciate if someone can help me with arduino setup. I'm trying to read analog and digital inputs from arduino through the network. Arduino work on its own through USB, but not after I plug shield board.

Any help would be great.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Did you set up all the network settings then upload the sketch to the board again as this is required to go from USB to Ethernet?

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Did you set up all the network settings then upload the sketch to the board again as this is required to go from USB to Ethernet?

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Hi Greig,

Yes I did.
      I have arduino board connected with USB as power source and network cable for communication. Rx light flashes, TX doesn't.
      I tried to ping it but no luck.

Comment

You have "Ethernet Shield V2" checked in the setup. Is that really a V2 shield?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Johnson View Post
          You have "Ethernet Shield V2" checked in the setup. Is that really a V2 shield?

Mike
          Hi Mike,

Well, I'm not sure about version neither they call it "shield"
          Will try without it. Didn't think about it.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Hi Mike,

Well, I'm not sure about version neither they call it "shield"
            Will try without it. Didn't think about it.

Thank you

Any known reason for this?

Comment

That error suggests that the constant is already defined somewhere else in the sketch. Obviously, that shouldn't happen. Did you modify the sketch, or is it just as downloaded?

After you unchecked the V2 setting, did you download the sketch again? I'm not sure if that's your issue, but the sketch is likely different for the two different versions of the board.

Mike

Comment

That error suggests that the constant is already defined somewhere else in the sketch. Obviously, that shouldn't happen. Did you modify the sketch, or is it just as downloaded?

After you unchecked the V2 setting, did you download the sketch again? I'm not sure if that's your issue, but the sketch is likely different for the two different versions of the board.

Mike
                Hi,

I did not modify sketch in any way. I tried many times and somehow I made it work. Still don't know how. I have 3 PWM outputs programed and every one of them is off, why are the output pins flickering

Comment

What exactly is ‘flickering’? The nature of PWM is not steady state, so it depends on what you are trying to do. What are you driving with your output?

Mike

Comment

What exactly is ‘flickering’? The nature of PWM is not steady state, so it depends on what you are trying to do. What are you driving with your output?

Mike
                    Hi Mike,

All 3 outputs are off and low, however, on PWM output pins I have voltage changes up to 1V

Comment

I’m new to this plugin, so just making suggestions. I have not used the PWM outputs with the plugin. But my question would be, if you set up a digital output instead of PWM, do you get the same voltage when the output is set to ‘0’ or low? I’m wondering if this is an Arduino board issue or plugin issue.

Mike

Comment

I’m new to this plugin, so just making suggestions. I have not used the PWM outputs with the plugin. But my question would be, if you set up a digital output instead of PWM, do you get the same voltage when the output is set to ‘0’ or low? I’m wondering if this is an Arduino board issue or plugin issue.

Mike
                        Will set same pins as digital outputs as you suggested and let you know.
                        Any suggestions about connecting arduino to the RGB amplifier / repeater. It uses 4 wires. Positive common and RGB grounds.

Comment

Will set same pins as digital outputs as you suggested and let you know.
                          Any suggestions about connecting arduino to the RGB amplifier / repeater. It uses 4 wires. Positive common and RGB grounds.

I set outputs 3,5 and 6 as digital outputs and I'm getting voltage readings when outputs are set to low. Obviously something is wrong with board.

Now tricky part. Why outputs 10 and 11 are missing from pin list?

Comment

I've not done that with an Arduino, but my first thought would be to be very careful about voltages between the RGB amplifier and the Arduino. The Arduino is very sensitive to proper voltage and current maximums. It's fairly easy to fry outputs if limits are exceeded. Which RGB amp are you using?

Mike

Comment

I set outputs 3,5 and 6 as digital outputs and I'm getting voltage readings when outputs are set to low. Obviously something is wrong with board.

Now tricky part. Why outputs 10 and 11 are missing from pin list?

Somewhere in the instructions for the Arduino plugin, it talks about the missing pins (pin 4, also). They are used for the Ethernet Shield, and therefore are not available to be used as inputs or outputs with the plugin. If you click 'Advanced' on the plugin management screen, you can get the pins back, but you might mess something up with the ethernet shield if you try to use them.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X