Disconnected - But still Connected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected - But still Connected

I was testing the "Alive" function and disconnected my Ethernet attached board using the plugin page.
    Device status now shows disconnected, however the LED on the Alive pin did not go out.
    I have a number of Outputs controlling relays and they all still can be controlled..
    It seems the Disconnect function is not actually closing the connection to the board.

Auto Connect unchecked.
    Arduino Uno with SunPower Ethernet shield
    Plugin 1.0.0.148
    Sketch 1.0.0.145

Also tried this on a USB attached Arduino Uno and when disconnected on the plugin page I cannot control the output. (good)
    The debug log gives me a warning that the Com port is not open. (expected)
    Waited for 180 seconds, which seems to be twice as long as the values in the sketch and still my LED does not turn off.

Am I misunderstanding something?

I've had a similar experience with the output control. The following quote of mine is from another thread I started when trying to get the plugin up and running - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...being-detected

...However, the one anomaly that still exists is the output commands still function when the plugin is 'Disconnected'. The input pins do not work, as I would expect, but the output function doesn't seem to care whether is 'Connected' or not, I can still change the output state from Homeseer. This is not a problem for my current usage, but I would consider it unexpected behavior. I would think that if the plugin is disconnected, all communication to the Uno would cease.
    Mike

Comment

FYI This should be fixed in the next build.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

When will the next build be available?

Comment

I am working on it with another user but there is a bug causing various problems I need to hunt down. I hope to have it out soon.

Grieg.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Working...
          X