Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NodeMCU API Sketch With 5 Temp and 1 Humidity Sensor, and 4 Line LCD Panel Example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for sharing this.
    Paul.

Comment

I'm a noob at this but have gotten 4 sensors to work. Use them for outdoor and indoor temperatures that trigger events. I'd like to sense the temperature every 5 minutes so I'd have to use a delay(300000) where in your code would I place this? After each sensor or just after the last one?

Comment

Originally posted by labbie48 View Post
        I'm a noob at this but have gotten 4 sensors to work. Use them for outdoor and indoor temperatures that trigger events. I'd like to sense the temperature every 5 minutes so I'd have to use a delay(300000) where in your code would I place this? After each sensor or just after the last one?
        You really can't put in a delay and have the plug-in work correctly, there are ways around this and it is talked about in the manual for the plug-in.

Wit that said, alter this line in the code and adjust it to your needs.. Good luck on your project.

const long interval = 5000; // interval at which to blink (milliseconds) 5 seconds
        Billy

Comment

I can live with it the way it is but why does one of my 18B20's bounce between the actual temperature and -196F ?

Comment

Bill,
            I thought about dusting off my NodeMCU which I purchased a over a year ago now to just display a couple of lines of sump pump activity in my basement. I believe these devices operate on 3.3v. But the display needs 5 volts to work. I was hoping to use a spare cell-phone charger/adapter. Do I need a separate power source for my 2-line display? As well, which sketch do you use which has the wifi and networking stuff?

Thanks,

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              Bill,
              I thought about dusting off my NodeMCU which I purchased a over a year ago now to just display a couple of lines of sump pump activity in my basement. I believe these devices operate on 3.3v. But the display needs 5 volts to work. I was hoping to use a spare cell-phone charger/adapter. Do I need a separate power source for my 2-line display? As well, which sketch do you use which has the wifi and networking stuff?

Thanks,

Robert
              On my NodeMcu/ LCD setup its powered by the USB connector and I connected the LCD to the Vin pin, I used a I2C type LCD.

Comment

Working...
              X