Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NodeMCU API Sketch With 5 Temp and 1 Humidity Sensor, and 4 Line LCD Panel Example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomauto@aol.com
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Bill,
    I thought about dusting off my NodeMCU which I purchased a over a year ago now to just display a couple of lines of sump pump activity in my basement. I believe these devices operate on 3.3v. But the display needs 5 volts to work. I was hoping to use a spare cell-phone charger/adapter. Do I need a separate power source for my 2-line display? As well, which sketch do you use which has the wifi and networking stuff?

Thanks,

Robert
    On my NodeMcu/ LCD setup its powered by the USB connector and I connected the LCD to the Vin pin, I used a I2C type LCD.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Bill,
    I thought about dusting off my NodeMCU which I purchased a over a year ago now to just display a couple of lines of sump pump activity in my basement. I believe these devices operate on 3.3v. But the display needs 5 volts to work. I was hoping to use a spare cell-phone charger/adapter. Do I need a separate power source for my 2-line display? As well, which sketch do you use which has the wifi and networking stuff?

Thanks,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• labbie48
    replied
    I can live with it the way it is but why does one of my 18B20's bounce between the actual temperature and -196F ?

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by labbie48 View Post
    I'm a noob at this but have gotten 4 sensors to work. Use them for outdoor and indoor temperatures that trigger events. I'd like to sense the temperature every 5 minutes so I'd have to use a delay(300000) where in your code would I place this? After each sensor or just after the last one?
    You really can't put in a delay and have the plug-in work correctly, there are ways around this and it is talked about in the manual for the plug-in.

Wit that said, alter this line in the code and adjust it to your needs.. Good luck on your project.

const long interval = 5000; // interval at which to blink (milliseconds) 5 seconds

Leave a comment:

• labbie48
    replied
    I'm a noob at this but have gotten 4 sensors to work. Use them for outdoor and indoor temperatures that trigger events. I'd like to sense the temperature every 5 minutes so I'd have to use a delay(300000) where in your code would I place this? After each sensor or just after the last one?

Leave a comment:

• sirbooker
    replied

Thank you for sharing this.
    Paul.

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Wow, this looks awesome! Thank you for the inspiration and the code!
    Thanks Moskus

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Wow, this looks awesome! Thank you for the inspiration and the code!

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    This is a graph that is produced using the data from some of the sensors over the last 7 days. I use the Database Graphing Utility by jon00

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart014.png
Views:	780
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	1278223 ​​​​​​​

See this link for more info on the Database Graphing Utility, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-3

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by RTFMplease View Post
    bdrapper,

Thanks for posting this. Could you possibly point me to the LiquidCrystal_I2C library you used? I'm having trouble finding one that works.

Thanks in advance,
    steve
    Sure, no problem. I was going to update the original post but ran into the limit no more than 6 pictures per post.

Used Arduino IDE version 1.8.1

See this link for the NewLiquidCrystal library used in the project https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/ne...stal/wiki/Home

These are the libraries and version used in the sketch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nodemcu_temp_hum_lcd_project.png Views:	1 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	1278220

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Leave a comment:

• RTFMplease
    replied
    bdrapper,

Thanks for posting this. Could you possibly point me to the LiquidCrystal_I2C library you used? I'm having trouble finding one that works.

Thanks in advance,
    steve

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by Horse View Post
    Thanks Billy (bdraper) for sharing and taking the time to detail your setup. Being an Arduino noob, I cut down your code to just the DHT22 sections and have mine up and reporting temp and Humidity. Can I ask which DHT library you used? That took me the longest to figure out which to install as there are a number of options. I used Seed Studios

Based on this thread, what attracted me to HS3 instead of other HA software was it flexibility and customization capabilities. What is challenging with HS3 is the flexibility. Just for getting temperature, there is so many ways, its mind boggling. Now I'm going to look at MQTT as that opens up even more possibilities :-)

Graham
    Sorry, I never even thought about posting any of the libraries... thanks for asking. I will try to update the post this weekend...

This is the DHT Library that i have installed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1276144

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Originally posted by Horse View Post
    Thanks Billy (bdraper) for sharing and taking the time to detail your setup. Being an Arduino noob, I cut down your code to just the DHT22 sections and have mine up and reporting temp and Humidity. Can I ask which DHT library you used? That took me the longest to figure out which to install as there are a number of options. I used Seed Studios

Based on this thread, what attracted me to HS3 instead of other HA software was it flexibility and customization capabilities. What is challenging with HS3 is the flexibility. Just for getting temperature, there is so many ways, its mind boggling. Now I'm going to look at MQTT as that opens up even more possibilities :-)

Graham
    About to go down the MQTT rabbit hole as well... and start playing with this Arduino plugin ordered my first nodemcu over the weekend. I my make an old school physical control panel with buttons switches and LED

Leave a comment:

• Horse
    replied

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Mike Johnson
    replied
    Thanks to all for sharing your setups. I've been wanting to get some temperature readings into Homeseer. This thread pushed me into action - I've ordered a few parts so I can give it a try...

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X