Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I cycle a pin on and off every second?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I cycle a pin on and off every second?

I'm using a nodemcu and the downloaded script from enigmatheatre on my board #5. I'd like to get a pin (D5) to cycle high and low every second to flash a LED when an event fires. On the Device page it shows a "Blink" option but that just turns it on, not blink. When I go to the status page, the control use option is set to on and there is no blink in the options menu. To cut to the chase, is there a way to do this? I'm not that great at writing code but if someone can lead me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

The plugin creates 2 devices for each output the first is the one you have found with on, off, blink One Flash and Toggle and the second it output time that you need to set to the value you require for the Blink and One Flash. I am guessing you have filtered out the Output Time Device and have not set it.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

No, have not filtered them out but had no idea what they were used for until now. So what you're saying is that I select blink and adjust the time in milliseconds? If that's the case, I feel a bit dumb. This plugin is beyond great, best investment yet.

Comment

Yes, but you need to set the time then press blink to update it.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Working...
        X