LCD Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD Displays

Is there a list of LCD displays that will work with the plugin or will it support most of them?

I am looking into using a nodemcu with an OLED screen to be able to display more information on it. Will these work with the plugin?
    If not, which screens are the best to use that give the most real estate for displaying status

I would like to be able to update lines on the display to show things like:

date/time
    temperature
    humidity
    power usage from TED
    door lock and garage door status
    russound zone where display is located
    etc

Thanks
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade,

Only the 4x20 I2c LCD is supported by the standard sketch in the plugin but you can use the API to display your information on any screen you chose.

From the Help file:

Note:Only 4x20 LCD Version 1 - Marked "YwRobot Arduino LCM1602 IIC V1" are supported by default without changing the LCD Address in the plugin. If you do not know your LCD Address then run the I2c Scanner found Here to get your Address. See here for instructions about displays.

There are examples of the API version Here.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

This is the one I have in the living room. I have a IR receiver on it to detect the TV being powered on and off with the remote.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        Is there a list of LCD displays that will work with the plugin or will it support most of them?

I am looking into using a nodemcu with an OLED screen to be able to display more information on it. Will these work with the plugin?
        If not, which screens are the best to use that give the most real estate for displaying status

I would like to be able to update lines on the display to show things like:

date/time
        temperature
        humidity
        power usage from TED
        door lock and garage door status
        russound zone where display is located
        etc

Thanks
        I want to do the same. Have a specific project in mind where one of those or an e-paper display would be amazing. Also wanting to play with the api and meant to ask any interest in python?

Comment

Appreciate the responses
          I have been looking for a desk mount stand that will fit a lcd or oled screen. I can then attach the nodemcu board to it and have it sitting on my kitchen counter to show the information I want.
          I have seen some mounts but they look to only hold a 4 line lcd... still looking
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I am not sure if you have access to a 3d printer but I have printed a couple of these. I also like this.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Those look nice - do not have a 3d printer yet
              What 3d printer are you using?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have a prusa mk3 and would recomend it to everyone. I have had some cheaper printers in the past but you just spend your time trying to sort all the problems but the mk3 is just load and print.
                Here is one of my prints.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scripts =
                Various

Comment

That looks incredible - thanks for sharing
                  Can u post a pic of your 3d printer
                  Does it look like this?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-com...ationFlag=true
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    That looks incredible - thanks for sharing
                    Can u post a pic of your 3d printer
                    Does it look like this?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-com...ationFlag=true
                    That is a clone of the I3 I have an original one like this.
                    Last edited by enigmatheatre; March 20, 2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: Edit: Fixed Link.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

I wondered because of the price - Thanks
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I have been searching for a project that uses the nodemcu with a temp/humidity sensor and runs on battery
                        Would like to make it as compact and nice looking as possible so that WAF remains high
                        I cannot have wires everywhere or else my WAF will suffer

Anyone have something that looks good
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X