Input Issues - Beta Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Issues - Beta Build

I am using the beta version of the software because I was unable to get my OneWire device working correctly on the current release. The beta version works great with my OneWire devices but I can only read from the first input I set up. It doesn't seem to be affected by the pin that is set up first. The following pins do not read or will read intermittently. When I add additional output data to the Arduino code to see what values the pins are reading everything comes through fine.

Send me a debug log of you connecting to the board and I will see what I can find. Are you using USB by any chance?

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I am using a USB connection with the board. I ordered an Ethernet shield this morning so I will be able to test with that tomorrow evening. I can grab the error logs this evening and send them your way but if it is a connection specific issue I'll be happy to avoid using USB and stick with Ethernet.

I did notice some code in the Arduino that was unclear to me. There is a bit, WaitForAck, that is used to delay logic until it receives the ACK from the PC; however, this bit does not ever seem to be set in the code. It uses the comparison operator in locations where I would think it should be setting the value.

ex. WaitForAck == true;

Thanks!

Comment

I got the Ethernet shield and it wouldn't work. I was under the impression I had a hardware issue. Noticed a firewall setting to block the Arduino's Ethernet ports a few days ago.

Removing the firewall rule that was blocking the Arduino's comms solved the issue and after purchasing the software and using the Ethernet communication route things have been working GREAT!!! I am amazed at how fast the update from the board gets into the system and can drive events. I am using this to turn on porch lights when I open the doors and its instantaneous.

I am also using the One Wire to monitor various temperatures throughout the house and look forward to expanding with the capabilities provided by this plug-in.

Comment

Working...
        X