Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing connection to ESP-12E

Hi all,

I have an ESP-12E board to count the pulses of my gas and water meter. Since almost a week, connection is lost regularly.
    • It has been working correctly for months, nothing changed to the setup. However I had some trouble with my Z-wave network, had to restore a backup of that one to solve it.
    • I have the same board to monitor my solar panels, no problems there.
    • It seems like the 'keep alive' stops working according to the logs, status shows connected but values stop updating. I had to implement a watchdog to detect disconnection.
    • power cycling the board helps, but after a few times even that remedy does not work anymore. I have to restart the plugin to reconnect the board.
    Any ideas what is going on?

Originally posted by backkri View Post
    Hi all,

I have an ESP-12E board to count the pulses of my gas and water meter. Since almost a week, connection is lost regularly.
    • It has been working correctly for months, nothing changed to the setup. However I had some trouble with my Z-wave network, had to restore a backup of that one to solve it.
    • I have the same board to monitor my solar panels, no problems there.
    • It seems like the 'keep alive' stops working according to the logs, status shows connected but values stop updating. I had to implement a watchdog to detect disconnection.
    • power cycling the board helps, but after a few times even that remedy does not work anymore. I have to restart the plugin to reconnect the board.
    Any ideas what is going on?
    I gave up on the arduino plugin around a year ago. Too many connection problems. Depending on your expertise, I recommend re-implementing with mqtt. There is a learning curve and some coding experience would be helpful (sounds like you have that judging from your post). This solution is way more reliable. It is "connection-less" since it uses a subscribe / publish paradigm (no keep-alive needed). In the time since I starting using mqtt, I have had no "connection" type problems. I always get the status of the esp board(s). This was certainly not the case with the arduino plugin. If you decide to look into this, there are 2 mqtt plugins. The one from Michael McSharry is my recommendation. BTW, you can obviously have both ardino and mqtt devices running at the same time. My guess is that once you get the first device running, you will want to change over some of your other devices as well.

Comment

Working...
    X