Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino reset and connect not working

Hi

I’m digging up this gremlin from some time ago. Essentially, once the board falls into a connection error with being disconnected from the HS3 server, the Genuine Mega with Ethernet shield v2 won’t auto reconnect when back on line. Pressing the reset or connect buttons has no effect. Despite having a brute force working around to power cycle the board to reconnect, it isn’t always reliable. Original thread here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...t-issues/page2

It’s annoying as I reboot the server weekly. Because it takes longer than 50 seconds, I get the error and then Arduino reconnect fails. I suspect for the same reason the reset button never works and seems to freeze the system. If a temporary drop out occurs within 50 seconds, there is no problem and it never drops a connection during normal operation.
    I’ve done a lot more troubleshooting and I’m wondering if my LCD display has an issue with handling the longer text as only “Connection Err” with the 16x2 display? Even with the connection error, I can still ping the board.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    Santo

I had a similar issue a while back. I didn't have an original Arduino network shield. It was reliable beyond for a couple of years then connection issues. I replaced the network shield reloaded the mega with the sketch and it is again 100%.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've had the problem from day 1 and its a genuine shield. I could try and replace it but I can still ping the board after the error has occurred. If I reload the sketch, do I lose all my pin settings and HS3 devices? I dread the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by santoal View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I've had the problem from day 1 and its a genuine shield. I could try and replace it but I can still ping the board after the error has occurred. If I reload the sketch, do I lose all my pin settings and HS3 devices? I dread the thought.
        No, you can reload sketches without losing any configuration. The configuration is in the HS devices, not the sketch. What version of the PI are you running? The beta is much better at connecting than the release version.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks. Good to know. I'm running V1.0.0.147 plug-in with Sketch Version = 1.0.0.145, API Version = API1.0.0.146.

Comment

I've installed PI V1.0.0.148 beta. Installed libraries and sketch again. Exact same problem still exists. It is definitely the reset function causing issues.

I had a play with modifying the sketch. When I commented out "resetFunc()" and replaced with "SendConnect" problem is solved and board reconnects without issue or intervention. Any idea why the reset function freezes the system? See below

if (millis() - LastAlive > 90000 && IsConnected == true) { //if connected but no data recieved for 90sec reset the board.
            if (LCDInit == true){
            lcd.setCursor(6, 2);
            lcd.print("Reseting");
            delay(1000);
            }
            // resetFunc();
            SendConnect();

}

I also changed the set cursor to handle my LCD 16x2 display but don't think this is the issue.
            lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
            lcd.print("Connection Error");

Comment

Please try V1.0.0.155 that is now in the Beta section of the updater. This has a re-write of lots of code and some new features. See release notes.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Hi,
                I just upgraded to .155, and have now a connection error on one of my board.
                It is a genuine uno, only used for one-wire probes.
                This the error I get:
                mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData4 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData3 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData1 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                My other board is connecting.

I have reseted and and restarted, all I could with no success.
                Shoul I go back to a previous version ?

Thanks
                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                  Hi,
                  I just upgraded to .155, and have now a connection error on one of my board.
                  It is a genuine uno, only used for one-wire probes.
                  This the error I get:
                  mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData4 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                  mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData3 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                  mai-20 13:15:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in RecievedData1 : L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
                  My other board is connecting.

I have reseted and and restarted, all I could with no success.
                  Shoul I go back to a previous version ?

Thanks
                  Hi Pierre,

Please, can you turn on debug logging and leave it until this error occurs then turn it off and download the file then send it to me so I can track this bug.

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Working...
                  X