One Wire Timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Wire Timeout error

I am just getting familiar with this plugin. I have an Arduino Uno as a test case and have it set up for a one wire device on pin 12. With one temp sensor connected as the Arduino for Homeseer Help document suggests, I have no problem. When I connect a second temp sensor to the circuit, it also works most of the time, but every now and then I get a timeout error; Error = Rom = Board:1, Rom Address =16646459B8349214 has an time out error.

I am running in the Arduino mode, not API. Any suggestions or ideas?

What version of the plugin are you using? There are updates to the one wire in the Beta version available in the updater.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I am running Arduino Plugin, version: 1.0.0.161 on HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.548.

Comment

I just updated my Arduino Plugin version from 1.0.0.131 to 1.0.0.161 under Homeseer version 3.0.0.548 and I had 4 one wire DS18B20 that were working fine. Now that I upgraded, 2 of the 4 sensors are having intermitting timeout errors. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

I have one wire in my system but only have 2 as a maximum on the board so am not seeing this problem. I will have a look at this problem tomorrow if I can find more one wire sensors.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Thank You Greig!! By the way great plugin!!!

Comment

Ok I ran some tests as follows.

1. Added 2 sensors and this works fine
              2. Added 3 sensors and started to see the problems you are seeing.
              3. Changed the sensors out to be the pre built boards with resistors and led and all is working fine.
              4. Added 3 more sensor boards and all is fine with the 6.

It looks to me like the network works best with a resistor at each device and not at the Arduino.

Give that a go and see if this helps you. I will continue testing and adding longer cables to see if I can find a hard fast way to add sensors.

By the way the plugin is written to support 15 devices per board but have not tested this many.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Thanks Greig. I'll try this.

In your post just above, you mention pre-built boards with resistors and LED. Are those your own board or are they available commercially? And what are the leds for?

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                  Thanks Greig. I'll try this.

In your post just above, you mention pre-built boards with resistors and LED. Are those your own board or are they available commercially? And what are the leds for?
                  They are available. This is what I have: DS18B20

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Something changed between version .131 and .161 because all I did was upgrade to .161 and now 1 of the 4 DS18B20 sensors show an error.

Comment

Went back and downloaded version 1.0.0.131 and all of the DS18B20 sensors are working.

Comment

I finally was able to get back to my timeout issue and tried connecting as you suggested in post #7. I am still getting the timeout errors.

My setup is nothing fancy. I have the two discrete DS18B20 sensors about 3 inches away from each other on one of those half sized breadboard from Adafruit. The Uno is connected to the breadboard with 6 inch jumpers. I have +5V, GND and DQ running to each DS18B20 and each sensor has it's own 4.7K pull-up.

From Ronnie's last post it looks like it could be a timing issue. I did not go back to version 131 myself to try it, however.

Comment

Are the sensors daisy-chained and not stared?
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

In my case they were daisy-chained.

Thanks for looking into this. I am finding all kinds of applications for this plug-in now that I have a couple of NodeMCU boards connected. I have not tried any one wire functions on them yet. That's next.

A quick question: Everything I am currently testing is running in the board mode (not API). If I were to add my own routine to do some additional functions, can that only be added in the API mode and not the board mode?

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                              In my case they were daisy-chained.

Thanks for looking into this. I am finding all kinds of applications for this plug-in now that I have a couple of NodeMCU boards connected. I have not tried any one wire functions on them yet. That's next.

A quick question: Everything I am currently testing is running in the board mode (not API). If I were to add my own routine to do some additional functions, can that only be added in the API mode and not the board mode?
                              Yes, you would need to run API mode if you want to add any functions of your own.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X