No announcement yet.

One Wire Timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on this timeout error? My next NodeMCU project involves a remote 1-wire project with at least three 1-wire temp sensors connected to it.

Comment

feman I have a similar issue after upgrading the Arduino plugin from version 1.0.0.146 from version 1.0.0.161.

My setup using onewire has 2 UNOs, one with 12 DS18B20 temperature sensors and the other UNO with 5 DS18B20 temperature sensors. Both of these UNOs are using the default sketch. These sensors are daisy chained and have worked well for a number of years with very few if any issues. I used to have these connected to a TEMP08 unit, but moved over to Arduino when it came out and exposed one wire with the default sketch. After upgrading, I will occasionally see these errors in the log... See below.
      Nov-10 11:24:40 Arduino Plugin Error = Rom = Wall Outlet - Den has an time out error
      Nov-10 11:24:40 Arduino Plugin Error = Rom = Air Register - Master Bedroom has an time out error
      Nov-10 11:22:38 Arduino Plugin Error = Rom = Wall Outlet - Master Bedroom has an time out error
      These errors do not always affect the same sensor over and over, sometimes it moves to other sensors the sensor that was reporting an error will now report a temperature.

I wonder if the application is trying to poll them to often and thus the error. If the error stuck (so to speak) with one particular sensor, I would suspect that it was bad, however since the issue moves around (on both UNOs), I suspect that the sensors are indeed ok.

I also have a number of other temp and humidity sensors working with a NodeMCU and do not see any issues there using the API sketch.
      Billy

Comment

I am still trying to track this down. I have some test boards here but am not seeing the problem to a way I can replicate it. I have also had a problem with my development machine and cant work on it until I get it up and running again which I hope to be soon.

Greig
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          I am still trying to track this down. I have some test boards here but am not seeing the problem to a way I can replicate it. I have also had a problem with my development machine and cant work on it until I get it up and running again which I hope to be soon.

Greig
          No worries, I understand and thanks for having a look.
          Billy

Comment

OK, the good news is I think I have found the bug that is causing this but the bad news is I still can't update the plugin until I get my development machine up and running.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Greig, that is good news! Thank you for your dedication to this plug-in.

Comment

Agreed, thanks Greig. We appreciate your time.
                Billy

Comment

Version .162 should be in the beta updater with a fix for this I have not had time to test the package so please do tell me how it goes.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

I downloaded .162 and installed it on my HS3 PC without any issue. I then applied power to the NodeMCU board and and while looking at the Arduino Plugin Config page I got a red notice that said Version Mismatch. So I figured I would have to download the sketch of this board again. When I selected the board number and hit the download button I get this error:
                    Error Creating Homeseer.ino = (Error finding line = #include)

Do I need to re-download any Arduino Libraries?

AS this NodeMCU board did not have a lot of functionality except for two 1-wire temp sensors I thought I would delete the board and start from scratch with .162. When I hit the Delete a board button I started seeing these errors:
                    Nov-14 3:14:25 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                    I am not sure where to go from here.

How would I go about reinstalling version .161?

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
                      I downloaded .162 and installed it on my HS3 PC without any issue. I then applied power to the NodeMCU board and and while looking at the Arduino Plugin Config page I got a red notice that said Version Mismatch. So I figured I would have to download the sketch of this board again. When I selected the board number and hit the download button I get this error:
                      Error Creating Homeseer.ino = (Error finding line = #include)

Do I need to re-download any Arduino Libraries?

AS this NodeMCU board did not have a lot of functionality except for two 1-wire temp sensors I thought I would delete the board and start from scratch with .162. When I hit the Delete a board button I started seeing these errors:
                      Nov-14 3:14:25 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      I am not sure where to go from here.

How would I go about reinstalling version .161?
                      Sorry please try .163 from the updater.

I nearly have my Dev system fully operational so will run it on there when I get it going.

Greig.

Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I tried .163 but still get these errors in the HS log and the Arduino Plugin Config page log screen. The "Exception in BuildConnectButtons" error just keeps scrolling on forever if I let it.
                        Nov-14 5:10:30 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Nov-14 5:10:28 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildBoardTab part 5 : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Nov-14 5:10:27 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in FindAllPins : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        Nov-14 5:08:24 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Comment

I tried .163 but still get these errors in the HS log and the Arduino Plugin Config page log screen. The "Exception in BuildConnectButtons" error just keeps scrolling on forever if I let it.
                          Nov-14 5:10:30 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Nov-14 5:10:28 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildBoardTab part 5 : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Nov-14 5:10:27 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in FindAllPins : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Nov-14 5:08:24 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Can you check that there is no devices that were linked to the board you deleted still in your system and if so delete them. I will try and get a fix for this tomorrow if I get the time and my system going.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Good call! I did have a Uno board still linked. I deleted it and the plugin runs without the previous errors. I will set up my NodeMCU board again fortwo or three 1-wire sensors and see how that goes.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Greig:

I just tried creating a new NodeMCU with .163. The plugin ran as it should in HS and I was able to download the sketch for this board.

However, when I loaded the sketch into Arduino IDE, V1.8.9, and compiled and uploaded to the board I get this error as it is still compiling:

HomeseerBoard1:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

Just to make sure I had not missed something , I uninstalled and reinstalled V .163. Closed and re-opened HS and created a new Board1. Same error message when I tried to compile and upload in the Arduino IDE.

Comment

Greig:

I just tried creating a new NodeMCU with .163. The plugin ran as it should in HS and I was able to download the sketch for this board.

However, when I loaded the sketch into Arduino IDE, V1.8.9, and compiled and uploaded to the board I get this error as it is still compiling:

HomeseerBoard1:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

Just to make sure I had not missed something , I uninstalled and reinstalled V .163. Closed and re-opened HS and created a new Board1. Same error message when I tried to compile and upload in the Arduino IDE.
                                Sorry about this I am not having a good time at the moment, 164 is in the updater and I have installed and downloaded the sketch and it compiles fine now.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X