No announcement yet.

One Wire Timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Greig. I hate to feel like I am pestering you.

I'll try 164 and let you know soon.

Comment

OK. I have been able to create a new board, compile and upload to the NodeMCU. I will set this up for several 1-wire Temp sensors and let you know how that goes.

Thanks Greig.

Comment

Greig:

The Good News: I have been running with two 1-2wire DS18B20 temp sensors for several hours now and have not seen any timeout errors.

The Bad News: When I shut down HS3 and then restart HS3 and then go to the Arduino Plugin config page, I again start seeing the "Error=Exception in BuildConnectionButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array." error message. On the config page the section that allows one to edit a board configuration is no longer there.

This is what that looks like after starting HS3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20191116110423.png
Views:	159
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1340547

If I delete the board and the 1-wire devices and then re-create them everything works great, until I shut down HS and restart.

Comment

Can you send me a debug log of this.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Here's the debug log.

ArduinoDebug.txt

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
              Here's the debug log.

[ATTACH]n1340562[/ATTACH]
              Try. V165.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Installed .165. When I enabled the plugin the first time it immediately recognized my Board 1 and everything came right up and connected. I'll let it run overnight and see how it looks tomorrow.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Comment

I have had version .165 running now for over 24 hours. I have two DS18B20 connected and everything is working great. No timeouts, no error of any sort. If I had more I would have them hooked up as well. I have another 10 on order but have not received them yet.

It looks to me like .165 is a success.

Thanks

Greig

Comment

Greig -
                    I was talking to Randy and he said you were still looking for feedback on multiple 1-wire connection with .165. I now running multiple NodeMCU boards with up to 4 1-wire DS18B20 sensors. Since upgrading to .165 when you released it they are all running with NO ROM timeout errors. Thanks!

Comment

Geat new it looks like this is fixed then.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I used to have 11 DS18B20 temp sensors working on a dedicated Uno with ver 1.3X, daisy-chained AND star(s) configuration.
                        I unplugged the 1-wire totally when Uno where not supported after a major update.
                        Now running 1.66 I tried to plug the 1-wire to a pin of my general purpose Mega (Input/Outpus and relay board), but cannot have more than two DS18... working at the same time...
                        I tried changing the pull-up resistor with no success.
                        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
                        X