Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre
    replied
    I used to have 11 DS18B20 temp sensors working on a dedicated Uno with ver 1.3X, daisy-chained AND star(s) configuration.
    I unplugged the 1-wire totally when Uno where not supported after a major update.
    Now running 1.66 I tried to plug the 1-wire to a pin of my general purpose Mega (Input/Outpus and relay board), but cannot have more than two DS18... working at the same time...
    I tried changing the pull-up resistor with no success.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Geat new it looks like this is fixed then.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• GPrade
    replied
    Greig -
    I was talking to Randy and he said you were still looking for feedback on multiple 1-wire connection with .165. I now running multiple NodeMCU boards with up to 4 1-wire DS18B20 sensors. Since upgrading to .165 when you released it they are all running with NO ROM timeout errors. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    I have had version .165 running now for over 24 hours. I have two DS18B20 connected and everything is working great. No timeouts, no error of any sort. If I had more I would have them hooked up as well. I have another 10 on order but have not received them yet.

It looks to me like .165 is a success.

Thanks

Greig

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Installed .165. When I enabled the plugin the first time it immediately recognized my Board 1 and everything came right up and connected. I'll let it run overnight and see how it looks tomorrow.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by feman View Post
    Here's the debug log.

[ATTACH]n1340562[/ATTACH]
    Try. V165.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Here's the debug log.

ArduinoDebug.txt

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Can you send me a debug log of this.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Greig:

The Good News: I have been running with two 1-2wire DS18B20 temp sensors for several hours now and have not seen any timeout errors.

The Bad News: When I shut down HS3 and then restart HS3 and then go to the Arduino Plugin config page, I again start seeing the "Error=Exception in BuildConnectionButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array." error message. On the config page the section that allows one to edit a board configuration is no longer there.

This is what that looks like after starting HS3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20191116110423.png
Views:	97
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1340547

If I delete the board and the 1-wire devices and then re-create them everything works great, until I shut down HS and restart.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    OK. I have been able to create a new board, compile and upload to the NodeMCU. I will set this up for several 1-wire Temp sensors and let you know how that goes.

Thanks Greig.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Thanks Greig. I hate to feel like I am pestering you.

I'll try 164 and let you know soon.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Greig:

I just tried creating a new NodeMCU with .163. The plugin ran as it should in HS and I was able to download the sketch for this board.

However, when I loaded the sketch into Arduino IDE, V1.8.9, and compiled and uploaded to the board I get this error as it is still compiling:

HomeseerBoard1:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

Just to make sure I had not missed something , I uninstalled and reinstalled V .163. Closed and re-opened HS and created a new Board1. Same error message when I tried to compile and upload in the Arduino IDE.
    Sorry about this I am not having a good time at the moment, 164 is in the updater and I have installed and downloaded the sketch and it compiles fine now.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Greig:

I just tried creating a new NodeMCU with .163. The plugin ran as it should in HS and I was able to download the sketch for this board.

However, when I loaded the sketch into Arduino IDE, V1.8.9, and compiled and uploaded to the board I get this error as it is still compiling:

HomeseerBoard1:374:24: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]

if (millis() < lastUpdated) { // we wrapped around, lets just try again

Just to make sure I had not missed something , I uninstalled and reinstalled V .163. Closed and re-opened HS and created a new Board1. Same error message when I tried to compile and upload in the Arduino IDE.

Leave a comment:

• feman
    replied
    Good call! I did have a Uno board still linked. I deleted it and the plugin runs without the previous errors. I will set up my NodeMCU board again fortwo or three 1-wire sensors and see how that goes.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    I tried .163 but still get these errors in the HS log and the Arduino Plugin Config page log screen. The "Exception in BuildConnectButtons" error just keeps scrolling on forever if I let it.
    Nov-14 5:10:30 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Nov-14 5:10:28 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildBoardTab part 5 : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Nov-14 5:10:27 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in FindAllPins : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Nov-14 5:08:24 PM Arduino Plugin Error = Exception in BuildConnectButtons : Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Can you check that there is no devices that were linked to the board you deleted still in your system and if so delete them. I will try and get a fix for this tomorrow if I get the time and my system going.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X