Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board connected but device not working

Hi everyone, Hi Greig,

First time posting here. First try with Arduino too.

I'm using the Elegoo Uno R3, IDE v1.6.8 as recommended, and I copied the libraires at the right place.

Plugin has been correctly uploaded to the board, and HS tells me it's connected.

So I created my first Input, and I tried to light up a led, but nothing works (please note that the led is ok if I plug it directly to the +5v).

In the same way, I tried to create an input and put a simple wire between GND and my new pin 3 input, but HS tells "closed", even if I disconnect the wire.

Any idea about this ?

Thanks,

Michel

it sounds like the board is not connected to HS in some way if you disconnect and reconnect the board is it updating the status in HS? Can you turn on Debug logging at the top of the config page then try and connect the board and then change the input and the output, then turn off debugging and send me the file.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hey Greig, thanks for your quick answer.

Very simple :

Error = Exception in Connect : L'accès au port 'COM4' est refusé.
      Warning = Com Port No:4 is not open.

In fact, it seems that the HS "connected" status was a hoax Now it clearly shows "Disconnected".

Comment

Ok ok, probably a bit tired... I'm stupidly not connecting the Arduino on the right machine. I've got a dedicated fanless PC in the basement on which is installed HS, and I was trying to connect Arduino on my remote PC. Sorry, it's a bit late here in Belgium, I'll check all this tomorrow, but I think eveythning is going to be ok...

Thank anyway.

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
          Ok ok, probably a bit tired... I'm stupidly not connecting the Arduino on the right machine. I've got a dedicated fanless PC in the basement on which is installed HS, and I was trying to connect Arduino on my remote PC. Sorry, it's a bit late here in Belgium, I'll check all this tomorrow, but I think everything is going to be ok...

Thank anyway.

Michel
          No problems. It might be worth you looking at network connecting the board.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Yes, that's how I planned to connect the Arduino who will be placed at the front door. I'm connecting the Ethernet shield this morning, but first : need to clean the mess on my desk Keep you posted, thanks again.

EDIT : "that will be" and not "who will be". Arduino's not yet a person.

Comment

Hi,

I passed the famous blink test (blinking from Homeseer), great.

I turned off the Arduino for the night, and this morning, when I turned it on, the plugin couldn't connect. I had to reset the board and it worked.

Is it a common issue ? I'm planning to manage my alarm system with Arduino, is it a good idea ?

EDIT : of course, the board will stay on with a specific 12v circuit, but I'm a bit afraid about some eventual impossibilty to self boot after any issue

Comment

Originally posted by Michelob View Post
                Hi,

I passed the famous blink test (blinking from Homeseer), great.

I turned off the Arduino for the night, and this morning, when I turned it on, the plugin couldn't connect. I had to reset the board and it worked.

Is it a common issue ? I'm planning to manage my alarm system with Arduino, is it a good idea ?

EDIT : of course, the board will stay on with a specific 12v circuit, but I'm a bit afraid about some eventual impossibilty to self boot after any issue
                This is not a common problem and the board should reconnect to the plugin on powerup but it might be a memory problem on the UNO I would suggest installing a Mega as there is more memory on the board and there are many more inputs.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Great, thank you Greig. I guess there's a thread here somewhere in this forum about Arduino devices, clones, models, and compatibility with the plugin ?

Comment

Working...
                  X