Moving boards from test HS to production HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving boards from test HS to production HS

I have been experimenting with the plugin now for a few weeks on a PC I use to setup and test new plug-ins, scripts etc. I have several NodeMCU boards working very well now and need to run them from my permanent HS3 PC.

Do I need to start from scratch from the Arduino Plugin config page on the permanent HS server or can I simply move the HomeseerBoardx.ino file to the new server?

What's the best way too move a working board/sketch to the new server?

I guess the new server will have a different IP so you would need to set up the plugin on the new server then update the boards again.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks Greig. You are correct, it will be a different IP.

So I go to the new server, go to the Plugin config page, enter all the pertinent board info, and then download the sketch. This server does not have the Arduino IDE on it, so I would take the new downloaded sketch back to the test server and download the sketch to the NodeMCU boards from there. I will then have to go to the new server and re-create all the inputs, outputs, 1-wire devices etc.

Is that basically the steps?

Thanks again for your help and this fine plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by feman View Post
        Thanks Greig. You are correct, it will be a different IP.

So I go to the new server, go to the Plugin config page, enter all the pertinent board info, and then download the sketch. This server does not have the Arduino IDE on it, so I would take the new downloaded sketch back to the test server and download the sketch to the NodeMCU boards from there. I will then have to go to the new server and re-create all the inputs, outputs, 1-wire devices etc.

Is that basically the steps?

Thanks again for your help and this fine plug-in.
        Yes, that sound correct. I would not download the sketch on the new server as you would need to transfer it to the old one for upload. Just log in to HS from the old server then set it up from there and download it directly to the old server from the config page of the new server. upload the sketch then connect it to the new server.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Finally got around to trying these steps. There is one very important step that was left out. I did not have the Arduino IDE installed on the production HS server, thus no Arduino\Libraries\ folder. After installing IDE 1.8.9 and downloading the Libraries and installing them in the arduino\libraries\ folder, everything came right up after restarting the arduino plugin.

Thanks Greig, off to my next NodeMCU based device.

Comment

Working...
          X